FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering 50fps video footage

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trent McMillan
Rendering 50fps video footage
on Sep 2, 2015 at 6:31:42 pm

so I have shot some skateboarding at 720p 50fps and I've tried so many rendering settings and the best I could get was a clear video but it was still a bit choppy, if anyone could help me out that would be sweet, it's also for going on YouTube! thanks.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Rendering 50fps video footage
on Sep 2, 2015 at 8:35:12 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Sep 2, 2015 at 9:25:23 pm

First, how do you know its choppy? Vegas preview? Playing rendered file with Windows Media Player? Dedicated media player hooked up to a TV? Playing back a high frame rate video can be very taxing on your computer system. If may actually be fine, but your system may not be playing it very well. System specs would be useful.

Second, what are your project and render settings? Again, screenshots would be the most useful way of providing this info.

Third, you may want to upload a small section of the rendered video. Just select a loop inside Vegas and render just that loop and upload.

Fourth, putting it on Youtube will be problematic. Because its skateboarding, you need a high frame rate to capture the action. Although Youtube now supports high frame rates, the playback may be choppy just because of slow internet connections. For YT, you could reduce the frame rate to 25fps, and see how that looks. If you try that, just remember to Disable Resample for your video events in Vegas.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Trent McMillan
on Sep 2, 2015 at 10:36:36 pm

I've already uploaded it to YouTube, when I play it at 720p 50 frames it plays fine, but when it's just normal 720p 25/30 frames it's choppy, I've seen other videos that look great playing on both sets but I just can't get mine too, I'll upload other shit when I get home

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 4, 2015 at 7:16:48 am

Up until this point, you have not provided any detailed information for anyone hear to professionally help you, Wayne asked for you to provide further info and you haven't.
You have given me nothing to go on, Therefore if your Vegas render plays
ok, your issue is with youtube.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Trent McMillan
on Sep 13, 2015 at 4:16:53 am

Return to posts index