FORUMS: list search recent posts

split track with "ignore event grouping" on

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Brown
split track with "ignore event grouping" on
on Sep 2, 2015 at 5:06:54 pm

Hi guys,
I have 4 tracks with different video but exact same (music) audio track.
I want to split/crop the vid tracks but leave the audio tracks alone (for visual reference) so I select "ignore event grouping" and hit "s" to split the vid track only but I get the red indication that it's no longer aligned with it's audio track (+ 2:25.38 every time no matter where in the clip I split it).
It only happens in one of the tracks and it shows to be synced before splitting (no red warning unless I move the clip left or right so I assume it's synced)
I've never seen this happen before...any ideas?
Thanks very much,
Randy

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: split track with "ignore event grouping" on
on Sep 3, 2015 at 2:27:41 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Sep 3, 2015 at 2:29:37 am

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is or if you even have one. It seems that you have 4 video tracks and 1 audio track. (BTW, if you have 4 audio tracks that are the same, you can simply delete three of them.) You want to keep the audio track, but slice up the video tracks. If that's the case, I don't see that you have a problem. If you slice the video track that includes the one remaining audio track, then sure you will get out-of-sync indications. Even so, I don't see a problem. Regardless, a screenshot of your timeline would be most helpful.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Randy Brown
Re: split track with "ignore event grouping" on
on Sep 3, 2015 at 4:38:26 pm

Thanks, I realize I can delete the other audio tracks but like I mentioned I needed to save them for reference points to make sure I keep all 4 tracks synced throughout the editing process.
Anyway, I can work around the issue, I've just never seen this happen and was just curious.
Thanks again,
Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]