FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question: Different methods for rendering vertical video for 90-degree mounted hdtv's

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shirey
Question: Different methods for rendering vertical video for 90-degree mounted hdtv's
on Sep 1, 2015 at 8:48:41 pm

Here's my problem, I edited two montages to be displayed vertically, which I did by first going to Project Properties> Output Rotatioin 90 degrees clockwise. One of these I need to make a 720x1280 vertical mp4 which went perfectly. The other I need to make a 1280x720 mp4 that's actually sideways if you view it on a screen, because the tv itself will be mounted vertically but the playback device won't rotate or crop. I thought I'd just turn the output rotation off but that merely goes back to 1280x720 and adds a bunch of black to the sides. Anyone know the trick to editing vertically but outputting a sideways file?

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
Re: Question: Different methods for rendering vertical video for 90-degree mounted hdtv's
on Sep 1, 2015 at 8:56:52 pm

I forget exactly which combination of which will do this, but either change the project properties to your output resolution, or go into the Pan and Crop plugin for each event and change them to the output resolution. One of those will work and won't add letterboxing. Whether the tv will if they're not the same as the tv's resolution when its vertical is another matter.

Return to posts index

David Shirey
Re: Question: Different methods for rendering vertical video for 90-degree mounted hdtv's
on Sep 1, 2015 at 9:00:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed at the very bottom of the Render screen I forgot to scroll down far enough to select "Use Project Output Rotation Setting." Just a simple case of never needing and option and having it out of sight when you do!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]