FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas - Scaling on Hi Res Computer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick McKenna
Vegas - Scaling on Hi Res Computer
on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:42:36 am

I recently got a new laptop (Lenovo Y50) with a UHD screen. I have Vegas Movie Studio 10 (I know I'm in bad need of an upgrade) and I need to use it until I can afford a new editing software program in a few months. Upon installing Vegas MS on my new system, all the icons are tiny and a lot smaller than they should be.

I have searched about this and apparently it is a problem with the dpiaware status in some programs on computers with high resolution displays. I have tried some of the fixes online such as adjusting the screen scaling on the desktop's screen resolution. As well as that I right clicked the Vegas MS icon, clicked properties, clicked the compatibility tab and tick the box for "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". None of these fixes worked.

Apparently the only fix is to edit the Vegas exe manifest where according to online advice, dpiaware is marked "true" and you've to edit it to "false" in the manifest. I am at a total loss at how to do this. If I am looking at the correct exe XML in Notepad, I can't see anywhere where it says dpiaware. The only thing I can see is "gcConcurrent enabled=true" or else "generatePublisherEvidence=false"

Any suggestions on how to fix this or am I just going to have to accept it and tackle any upcoming editing projects that I have with tiny icons?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas - Scaling on Hi Res Computer
on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:58:34 am

Unfortunately i know of no true solution for this as yet.
Its a highly known issue with these kind of screen resolution.
(Its not only with Sony Vegas). I hear of some workarounds,
but none really gets it right as yet.
Vegas developers are the ones to make this be corrected properly!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:58:59 pm

Any suggestions on how to fix this or am I just going to have to accept it and tackle any upcoming editing projects that I have with tiny icons?

I presume that you're talking about tiny icons inside of Vegas once opened, not desktop icons? In a pinch, you could (?) always change your display resolution back to 1920x1080, although that kinda defeats the purpose of getting a laptop with a UHD display. But again, that might be the preferred solution for using VMS until such time that the issue has been resolved. Just an idea.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Sep 2, 2015 at 1:53:50 am

Hope all this will be fully resolved soon.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Helena Lindén
on Apr 17, 2016 at 9:15:14 am

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 13 and I have found a workaround that is not ideal, but at least makes it possible to not have to deal with the impossibly small icons.

I have tried the fixes you described: "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" as well as editing the manifest file, but none of that worked for me.

What I did was (I have Windows 10 and a 15.6" laptop with resolution 3840*2160):
- Change the resolution to 1366*768 in "Advanced display settings". This made everything super huge, but bear with me.
- Clicked on "Advanced sizing of text and other items" and then "set a custom scaling level" and changed it to 100%. After that you are required to login again. After you logged in again everything looks normal (but not quite as sharp as before)

After I open up Sony Vegas again the icons are normal size.

I hope this will help someone who has this problem.

Return to posts index

Cathy McKeever
on Dec 12, 2016 at 10:59:39 pm

Worked like charm on my new Surface Book. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]