FORUMS: list search recent posts

Movie Studio 13 audio issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Mccassey
Movie Studio 13 audio issue
on Aug 31, 2015 at 11:27:32 pm

I've just bought Movie Studio 13 and I'm having an issue with audio, whenever I preview a timeline the audio cuts out around the 30 seconds mark doesn't matter if I skip to certain parts of the timeline the audio will play for 30 seconds and that's it, it cuts out and I have to restart the software for it to start working again but no matter how many times I restart it does the same thing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software to no success at solving this issue, I've searched forums and nothing relates to my issue. I use Vegas Pro at work and they've recently switched to 10 with no issues whatsoever, I have a purchased version of 10 so I'm not restricted. I have no idea what's causing the issue and can't figure it out, I can't keep restarting every 30 seconds. Everything is up to date computer wise, I also noticed after a computer restart and I open Vegas the audio will continue as normal without stopping however the moment I skip to any point on the timeline it chucks a tanty and stops as per usual. I have changed multiple sound settings, updated audio drivers, changed audio devices, nothing. There is no error message either and nothing in the event logs. I have a gremlin that's testing my patience. Any help would be a relief at this point.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Movie Studio 13 audio issue
on Sep 1, 2015 at 12:27:48 am

You need to provide information on the type of audio file that you are using. Best thing would be to do a screenshot from MediaInfo. Can you simply "play" the audio file in Windows Media Player? If so, you may have to transcode your file into a format that Vegas likes such as wav.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Nathan Mccassey
on Sep 1, 2015 at 12:39:55 am

Hi Waag,

The audio file is a MP3 which I know Vegas can read, the audio from the video, which Vegas won't read, is MPEG-1 on other forums discussing audio they all say Vegas support MPEG-1 formats but for some reason it won't read the Audio its completely mute when I import the file. I can play the original clip in windows media player with no audio issues I can hear the original audio perfectly. I had to convert the original video to MP3 so Vegas would let me hear it. If I throw just a MP3 file into the timeline works perfectly In the time from posting this I've added other video files and they work perfectly no worries at all for audio. I've recorded videos in the same format before and Vegas hasn't had an issue with it at all. I don't know why it won't accept the codec now.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 1, 2015 at 12:50:34 am

I had to convert the original video to MP3 so Vegas would let me hear it.

Sounds like you've already solved your problem by transcoding it to an MP3. As to why that one particular file did not work, it may have been corrupted for some unknown reason. Seems likely since Vegas would read the first 30 sec and then quit.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Nathan Mccassey
on Sep 1, 2015 at 12:57:00 am

Yeah its not reading any audio, the file isn't corrupted though that's the issue I played it with other video files over and over and it cut out could the video file itself be causing the audio to cut out? I can watch the entire video even with no sound so I have no idea what could be making it do this.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:16:51 am

Again, a screenshot from MediaInfo of your video file would be useful, since it would indicate which audio codec is being used. If it turns out your audio codec is ac3, then it might be a licensing issue which prevents reading the audio. Again, post a screenshot from MediaInfo.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Nathan Mccassey
on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:29:24 am
Last Edited By Nathan Mccassey on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:32:17 am

Okay so this is the audio info for the file I'm having trouble with

This one is for the video

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:32:27 am

Good information. From your screenshots, I see that you are using Bandicam, which I know absolutely nothing about, except that there have been quite a few threads over the past couple of months or so also complaining about Vegas not reading Bandicam files. For whatever reason, the use of Bandicam produced media files is problematic in Vegas, including the Pro versions. My recommendation is to convert these video files into something that Vegas will read. It may be as simple as demuxing the video files into its elementary streams and then remuxing, so that there is no encoding. FFMPEG can be quite useful although it requires use of command lines. There are lots of other video conversion programs available. Perhaps someone else can make a recommendation based on their use of Bandicam. Or alternatively, you could just render the audio portion of each file (preferably using wav format so that there is no quality loss) and importing these as a separate track onto the timeline.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Nathan Mccassey
on Sep 1, 2015 at 5:42:38 am

Yeah I've used it a lot in the past and its never been an issue for Vegas unfortunately when converting video files it decreases the quality majorly and it ruins the video I'd be wasting my time trying to make it look better after converting it. Its rather annoying that happens but I might try recording with my streaming software instead to get a better result because I'm just going to have to convert it and it will ruin the video. Thank you for the info though it is much appreciated it was getting rather annoying trying to narrow it down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]