FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan and Scan borders appear and disappear

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas Smith
Pan and Scan borders appear and disappear
on Aug 25, 2015 at 11:23:29 pm

I feel like I should know this but I'm having a pan/scan issue in SVP 10.
I've imported image files in the timeline. I'd like to do the "Ken Burns - Pan/Scan" move using the Pan/Scan tool. I've clicked the Match Output Aspect which seems to work 95% of the time. BUT.... on some image files... the image will match but somehow during the Pan/Scan effect...there will be borders appearing on the sides and then disappear when the effect is complete.

I'm not sure what is wrong. This will only happen every so often. I've set the Maintain Aspect Ratio to NO and this seems to help.... but I'm curious as to why this happens only once in awhile. Is there a default setting I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Pan and Scan borders appear and disappear
on Aug 26, 2015 at 12:02:51 am
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Aug 26, 2015 at 12:12:46 am

You then obviously have keyframes enabled on the Position timeline
in the Event Pan/Crop Window. Double check on that.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Aug 26, 2015 at 1:32:32 pm

You have to run Match Output Aspect command on every Pan/Crop keyframe...

Vegasaur.com

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 26, 2015 at 5:48:38 pm

I use the Match Output Aspect setting to fit HD video into SD output. It crops the image to insure that the image will fit into an SD window, and it does so without causing any letter boxing. That does not mean that you will never see the borders of the image. If you pan far enough in any direction, you will see the image's borders. You simply have to be sure that you never pan far enough for a border to be visible. The pan/crop display shows you where your border is with respect to the image, so crossing a border should not be a surprise.

Be sure you set the Match Output Aspect after you have defined the project properties. If you do not, the image will letter box after you update the project properties. Also, you establish the setting once for every event that needs the control. You do not have to set it for every keyframe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]