FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 rendering slower, using less CPU?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zebra Gamer
Sony Vegas 13 rendering slower, using less CPU?
on Aug 24, 2015 at 9:28:10 pm

Hello!

Creative Cow and its community has helped me a lot in the past, but I'm struggling to find an answer to this issue.

I've been using Sony Vegas 13.0 for a little more than a year now. I render my projects using my CPU, and haven't changed my rendering settings in months. All of the sudden my renders start becoming slower without much of a reason, as nothing with my computer has changed
I would say that my renders are anywhere between 20% - 40% slower now.

When opening up task manager, I noticed that when rendering Vegas isn't taking up as much Memory as normal. It typically is using about 950,000 K, but now is using no more than 400,000 K. My CPU Usage is usually at about 90% - 99%. But now it is at 70%.

Even if I close as many Processes as possible, the rendering does not speed up whatsoever. It is almost as if it is capped at this speed now.

I use other programs and play games that take up much more memory than this without a problem, so I don't believe it is a hardware issue. Because my computer never lags when rendering.

My processor is an Intel i7 4820k @ 3.70 GHz, and I have 16gb of ram. Using Windows 7. Nothing significant has been changed that would cause an issue like this within the last year.

That is about it! Thank you to anyone willing to help.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas 13 rendering slower, using less CPU?
on Aug 24, 2015 at 11:19:46 pm

Heat? When was the last time you took the covers off and blew out the dust bunnies?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 24, 2015 at 11:48:25 pm

That's what I was thinking. Is it a portable? My daughter has a high end, gaming Toshiba portable. It got to the point where even cleaning it out was no longer effective in keeping it from running hot. Our guess is that we will have to send it back to Toshiba to get it back to its original specs. My daughter is now running a home-built with a tower case which is much easier to clean.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Aug 25, 2015 at 12:12:03 am

Addition to Mike's recommendation, clean up your system and registry and
uninstall any software that's not using/relevant, and getting rid of old
files and folders you no longer use.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved