FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Rate Issues & Motion Blur After Render (Source Videos Running at 23.976 fps / 29.970 fps)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riggan Rose
Frame Rate Issues & Motion Blur After Render (Source Videos Running at 23.976 fps / 29.970 fps)
on Aug 23, 2015 at 10:30:55 pm

I'm working on prepping a project for blu-ray using Sony Vegas Pro 13. My two source videos are different frame rates. The first and most important source vid is running at 23.976 fps. The second video's rate is 29.970 fps. Before I realized the two files were different rates I made a test bluray of the final cut to quality check for editing mistakes. This is when I noticed severe motion blur on my primary footage and realized the source video was running at 23.976 fps. I rendered a new video using 23.976 fps inserting 3-2 pulldown, and it has worked wonders in correcting all the motion blur that I saw with the larger video. However, as expected, the smaller source video that runs at 29.970 is now left with noticeable motion blur even after I set the video to "disable resample" before rendering my final file.

Is there a way to correct this in Vegas? I would like to avoid converting the smaller 29.970 source video if possible. I did try to convert the larger file up to 29.970 so the frame rates of both source vids would match. But the final result left a bit to be desired. Although the motion blur on the larger file improved, it is not as smooth as when I render using 23.976 fps inserting 3-2 pulldown.

The results on the larger file are where I want them. Just need to correct the motion blur of the smaller 29.970 video.

Opinions and plausible solutions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]