FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing a Shaky Focus and Color Grading with Vegas 13.0

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alena Lazarova
Fixing a Shaky Focus and Color Grading with Vegas 13.0
on Aug 21, 2015 at 1:30:39 pm

Hello, guys! Could anybody please help me with my video? The main camera we used was a Sony A7S and we set the focus to auto. Unfortunately, several times throughout the video, the focus is self-adjusting, makes it look like somebody is confused about the way the zoom works, which disturbs the flow of the video.

We also used a 2nd camera, which is a different brand and with the main one pointing at the sun and getting closer angles with the 2nd, the light and colors look quite differently. Any suggestions how to color grade and which camera's colors I should use as a baseline?

This is the video:

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Fixing a Shaky Focus and Color Grading with Vegas 13.0
on Aug 21, 2015 at 7:07:52 pm

Instead of making one look like the other, make both closer each other. Use the cut away angle to cover the focus issues, this might require you to make use of this other angle more throughout in order to not look so obvious. This is the art in video making.

Blazer offered a good on video to color correction that is easy to follow.

You might search youtube on CC shot angles.

If you post stills on both shot angles, some would help you I am sure with what is possible.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Fixing a Shaky Focus and Color Grading with Vegas 13.0
on Aug 23, 2015 at 1:40:20 am

I think the easiest thing to do is to reduce the brightness on the second video. As it becomes darker, the differences in color will fade away. The Color Corrector is a good choice for this darkening since it has both a gain control and a saturation control. The Color Corrector can, of course, also help brighten the output of the first camera, but I think you will quickly encounter noise issues if you increase the gain too much.

I think Aaron's suggestion is the easiest way to fix the focus problem. Simply cut to the other camera to avoid the issue. The stabilizer could possibly help with this, but there is not much margin along the bottom edge of the video to allow the stabilizer to work. It is always risky to get your subject too close to the edge of the screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]