FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem putting video on Sony Vegas Pro 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Burgos
Problem putting video on Sony Vegas Pro 13?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 2:53:08 am
Last Edited By Sebastian Burgos on Aug 21, 2015 at 3:42:24 am

I am having an issue putting my wmv video on Sony Vegas 13. I use an ElGato game capture and have been for awhile. It seems to be only happening on this video where I try opening it on Vegas and I can an error saying "The file could not be opened. Make sure the file exists and that you have access to file/folder." I don't see why this is happening because just days ago I did the same thing with a different video and it worked fine. I read its a problem of missing codecs but how if it just worked 2 days ago?! I put 2 pictures, the first one is the Vegas error and the other is when I try to open it in QuickTime(Opens fine in Windows Media Player) Any helps would be helpful :(

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Problem putting video on Sony Vegas Pro 13?
on Aug 21, 2015 at 6:59:29 pm

Can you post "Media Info" details on the file?

If it worked a few days ago, have you restarted, or run all Windows updates?

Hard for anyone to support you with the amount of into you posted.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Burgos
on Aug 21, 2015 at 10:36:23 pm

It looks like the file corrupted because I recorded again and it worked fine I'm just having issue with the recording software but I don't think you guys may happen to know about ElGato software and stuff?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Aug 22, 2015 at 7:35:36 am

Sorry, dont know anything about ElGato software. I really dont like game
capturing softwares, their formats are sometimes dodgy and often problematic
when trying to edit.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 22, 2015 at 8:45:19 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Aug 22, 2015 at 8:48:04 pm

I looked over that elgato device and user manual. That site terrible and the user manual is devoid of technical info that would answer a lot of questions.

Basically that device is not unlike the USB/firewire/thunderbolt capture devices that have been around for a decade. They have just put some fancy graphics on the capture interface, allow you clip some media, and included upload functions to social sites.

Assuming you have the newest device, it should be capturing at 1920x1080-60P at 40Mbs/s. The device may actually be able to capture and scale the video to whatever size you input. I would setup you gaming console or PC to output 1920x1080 and capture at the highest bitrate or setting. Then find where on your drive the "Elgato" is storing the raw capture files, and bring those into Vegas. Edit your content in Vegas and export to XDCAM-EX.mfx or SonyAVC.mp4 @20mbs for upload to YouTube. You can upload XDCAM-EX.MFX directly to YouTube, TWICH I am not sure they support this. Do your own tests.

The problem with most of these gaming devices is that they are produces to maximize profits, and save on video codec royalties to other manufacturers. In doing this the engineers develop their own encoder chips that might not produce compliant mp4 files. They cater their software around these differences so you think its the next app down the line that is not working.

If the Elegato source recorded files can be brought into Vegas directly, I would convert all the source material into XDCAM-EX.mxf, or HDCAM-SR-Lite.mxf, or XAVC-HD.mfx for 60P material. Then edit your content from the resulting files, and render as stated above.

"Media Info" is a tool to determine what the Elgato is outputting.
http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

"Mirillis Action" is another way of doing what you are trying to do and uses .MP4 hardware directly on the GPU in your PC. You do need a supported GPU that has the hardware. NVidia makes "shadowplay" that comes with the GPU, and does the same thing. The editing of the content and uploading is the same as above.

Return to posts index

Sebastian Burgos
on Aug 23, 2015 at 10:34:07 pm

I seem to be able to record videos with out it chopping up but now on the Software my videos do not process. It says queued and then it says "Timeout". No idea if its my computer or the software.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 23, 2015 at 11:35:21 am

Perhaps you should try different recording software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]