FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 freezes at creating windows on new pc with windows 8.1

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Pellerin
Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 freezes at creating windows on new pc with windows 8.1
on Aug 19, 2015 at 12:03:52 pm

I have been using Sony Vegas Pro for a few years now on windows 7, never any problems. I just updated to a new pc with windows 8.1 loaded Sony Vegas Pro 13.0, registered tried to open program and now
even with a re install the program locks up at creating windows every time I launch. I have waited up to 45 min. for this program to open but no luck. Can any one help with some possibilities to correct this issue?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 freezes at creating windows on new pc with windows 8.1
on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:12:13 am

When was the last time you updated your video driver? Thus may have an effect on building stuff like complex displays. Here that would be the VP windows.

How healthy is all your internal hardware? Space on system drive?

I've read that others have had issues with 8.1. It may need a better up to date driver set and space/healthier PC than what you've previously have had - under Win7.

I hope you get some solution to this. I'm still running Win7 Pro. Gonna take a lot for me to move up to Win10.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:16:00 am

Ah! I just re-read that this IS a new PC and that the VP install is registered. Sorry, no idea.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 20, 2015 at 5:09:49 pm

It's still a valid observation that the odds of replacing Win 7 Pro with Win 10 anytime soon are about as good as the chances for that proverbial icing up of hell.

Return to posts index

David Pellerin
on Aug 20, 2015 at 6:11:50 pm

I have tried a number of times to uninstall re-install and do a system back up on my pc and still have the same issue of freezing at creating windows. I have also notified Sony of the issue with no luck so far, Hope they find a way to correct. This is a new pc running windows 8.1, There is plenty of ram and the graphics card is more than enough to handle this software also more than enough storage.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 21, 2015 at 12:51:02 am

Guys. I can understand peoples hatred of the new, and the new UI. However your issues may be announcing your own inadequacies of working in windows. I have run Vegas with Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and now Win10, without the issues I have seen posted here. There really is nothing that much different between Win8.1 and 10, and Vegas 13 is stable on 10.

A lot of people want to hail the issues and problems of the new, but this is doing a disservice to others that will read this, and shy away. This problem seems like an issue of where you got this machine, what garbage it came loaded with, and what else has been attempted to try and remedy the problem.

Have you attempted to verify your memory is good?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-y...

Have you tried SFC command:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-fi...

Have you tried Malware-bytes or utilities to see if there is a problem?

CCleaner and rebooting twice to move good registry to last know good? Sounds like you have attempted to restore your machine a couple times, I am not a fan of this.

MS windows Disksweeper advanced, and clear out all old MS update files, and old windows installations, then reboot 2x. Then verify windows update is detecting no further updates.

Personally I would update your bios, reinstall Win8.1 or win10, run full windows updates, download a clean copy of Vegas 13 B453, and try it again. I would find it hard to believe that this will not solve the problem.

Long live the Luddites, may they live in the past peacefully, while the rest of us move on to the new and exciting.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 21, 2015 at 2:10:06 am

I like the comment about "your own inadequacies of working in windows". I have worked with Windows since 2.1 and dipped my finger into IBM's OS2 and its 3270pc before that (note: the 3270pc did not run OS2, it ran an earlier piece of IBM software that supported windowed operation). If we weren't talking Windows, I could talk about MSDOS 1.0, and the stuff that preceded it. That long experience has taught me a very basic fact of life. You can occasionally update the OS to a new version (like Win 98 Second Edition), but be aware that such efforts are always a risk. They can reduce a smoothly operating machine to a trouble prone mess. You are far better off to buy a new machine that, hopefully, has all the hardware needed to run the new version, and all the hardware/software incompatibilities fixed. Even that should wait until the early adopters identify most of the bugs and they have been fixed. That strategy has enabled me to avoid disasters like Vista and Win 8 in its various flavors.

Does SVP run? SVP is only one of many applications that I depend on, and I remember someone saying that SVP has absolutely no problems running under Win 10. Perhaps that assessment was a bit premature.

Return to posts index

David Pellerin
on Aug 23, 2015 at 7:45:12 pm

Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 freezes at creating windows. I have been in contact with Sony they have made suggestions on what to try but with no results as of yet. I mentioned this is a new pc with windows 8.1,the processor is an i7-5950HQ Quad-Core 5th-Gen Broadwell with 24 Gb SD Ram,2 NVIDIA GFORCE GTX980M Graphics Cards in SLI 8Gb ea.
1 TB hard drive 7200 rpm , and 2 128 Gb SSD's I cannot open this program it locks up at Creating Windows every time. All the other software I have installed works fine for editing. I have even removed all the previous software and started with a fresh Sony Vegas only and it still does not open. Any suggestions to get this corrected .

Respectfully: DJP

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 23, 2015 at 8:56:18 pm

The suggestions I made about the windows utilities still apply. I would start with the SFC command and make sure that passes, and reboot.

Seeing now that you are on a new laptop, it makes think to try the following:

Make sure your BIOS is the latest from the laptop manufacturer.

Make sure you have the latest Intel Chipset .inf from intel for motherboard. Something like Speccy can help determine the specifics on the motherboard in a laptop.

Make sure the latest driver from Nvidia has been installed for the 980M. Be sure to do a custom install vs express and select all aspects of the driver. The 980M supports only OpenCL 1.1 even though it is a very new chip, this is concerning but should still work with Vegas. You may also try installing the CUDA SDK from - https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads - in case some library has been left off in the release of such a new driver for opencl.

Trying running the application as administrator. Right click on the short and select this, or create a shortcut and enable this under properties.

CNTL+SHIFT+Click start Vegas - answer yes to reset all.

Look at the Windows Error logs and post errors related to video or Vegas.

Upload your .log files in from your vegas directory to Dropbox: "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\" - there might be something to gleam from the error logs.

Verify Luxmark v2 or 3 will run on the system and complete a render, as this app uses OpenCL in a very similar fashion to Vegas.

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on Aug 25, 2015 at 7:01:23 pm

After reading these posts about WIN 8 and WIN 10, I think I'll stick with WIN 7 since it DOES work with SVP13. I'll go with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

David Pellerin
on Aug 27, 2015 at 10:28:03 am

My response or question is to Aaron Star: Is there a possibility that Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 will not run with these new NVIDIA GFORCE GTX980M Graphics Cards in SLI in windows 8.1. I have tried all you have suggested with no results, SVP still locks up at creating windows. I watch the cpu monitor working at a certain percentage then goes to zero the program stops opening. Here is another interesting find. I loaded SVP on another laptop we have with windows 8.1 , but with a NVIDIA 950 card with 16 gb. and guess what the program opens every time. Go back to my new pc with the NVIDIA GFORCE GTX980M Graphics Cards in SLI in windows 8.1. and no luck.
Any ideas ?

Respectfully DJP.

Return to posts index

David Pellerin
on Aug 27, 2015 at 11:05:37 am

My mistake the other pc with graphics card that works is the NVIDIA 845 with 16 Gb of sd ram on windows 8.1 any help would be very appreciated.
Respectfully: DJP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]