FORUMS: list search recent posts

overwrote initial audio file

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forest Morgan
overwrote initial audio file
on Aug 17, 2015 at 11:19:21 am

hey people, new here and got an issue hopefully you can fix.

sorting out a let's play video and i recorded my audio in vegas pro. saved the file. went back in today to add the video, did it and overwrote the initial sony vegas file with audio. now i've got 4/5 sfap0 nested files and the media's offline and won't unnest or work. The nested files are all over 1GB so I can only assume the audio is retriveable? Is there a way or am I doomed?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: overwrote initial audio file
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:20:40 pm

First, I'm not sure what an sfap0 file is supposed to be. You need to try to describe the situation a little more clearly.

Based on what you say, you wrote an audio file to disk from Vegas yesterday. How did you write it? I am assuming you rendered it to an audio format which is the only way I know of that Vegas writes out an audio file. You then wrote a video file out today. Again, how did you do that? Did you render a video file, and what format did you use for the render?

Let's suppose you rendered your audio yesterday to a wav file, and called it "Project A". Then today, you rendered a video to an mpeg-2 format and called it "Project A". You would now have two files; Project A.wav and Project A.mpg. In that case, your audio file from yesterday is still intact.

You then start talking about nesting. Exactly what do you mean by nesting. Vegas can nest projects, but it cannot nest audio and video files.

You need to provide a much clearer explanation before anyone can help you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]