FORUMS: list search recent posts

This should be easy for you guys

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Garrison
This should be easy for you guys
on Aug 17, 2015 at 1:05:40 am

If I have a video track that has 2 different videos on the same track can I add a different compositing mode to each video? Or do they both have to be on their own track? If so that would be a real bother for me since I plan to use several videos as transitions rather than using the original transition effects.

Here is a poor illustration of what I want to achieve :)

[Video 1 with Dodge] [Video 2 with Screen]

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: This should be easy for you guys
on Aug 17, 2015 at 4:02:35 am

[Jared Garrison] " This should be easy for you guys"

Yes, yes it is for me: NESTING.

Firstly, great enquiry. Interesting way to think this through - very creative of you. However, do you understand the principle of the Compositing functions of Layers and the basics of the print process from where these terms have arisen? If I have to assume you do, then there is no other way, subject to 3rd party s/w, maybe Boris or AE, to do this than by Nesting Projects OR intelligently deconstructing the "look" you are after and then experimenting with the existing Vegas to tools to reconstruct that same result you are after, to allow you to have those [Video 1 with Dodge] [Video 2 with Screen] results. I'm not aware that there is a 3rd party s/w that allows for several Compositing Layers within ONE Event? Maybe there is?

Unless I have got this completely wrong, I'd investigate doing Nesting.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jared Garrison
on Aug 17, 2015 at 12:58:22 pm

I don't think Nesting would help much with what I'm trying to achieve although it does have some use in this project. I put together an image that may help explain it a little better but perhaps it won't lol If I take what I did from what you said this would mean I could possible have an entire video track for each compositing effect available which seems outlandish. I'd have nearly 5-7 different video tracks all dedicated to simple video inserts.At this point I'm wondering why compositing effects aren't just placed in Video Effects in order to achieve multiple compositing effects at once or alternatively using multiple effects on one track.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 17, 2015 at 2:49:34 pm

As Graham pointed out, the Composite Modes are at the Track level so you need one track for each composite. This is why Vegas Pro has unlimited tracks. If you want to do compositing, you need to get comfortable with having lots and lots of tracks. If you were using a compositing tool like After Effects you'd be dealing with the same thing. i.e., every clip is on a separate layer. That's the nature of compositing.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jared Garrison
on Aug 18, 2015 at 3:58:07 am

I appreciate the breakdown guys. From here on out I'll keep in mind when I'm compositing I'll be dealing with a ton of layers. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 18, 2015 at 4:26:49 am

Or, as I suggested, use Nesting. This way you can create separate Veg Projects, with your multi layers and import that Nest back into your top level project.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]