FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 12 - Volume Envelope Point make a pop / click

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam rosenthal
Sony Vegas 12 - Volume Envelope Point make a pop / click
on Aug 15, 2015 at 10:30:01 pm

Hi

For quite some time, I've had a problem where the little blue square anchor points on a Volume Envelope make a click. Not all the points, just certain ones within a piece. Furthermore, it doesn't happen every time I play over the point, and usually it doesn't happen when I render the file (but sometimes it does).

yes, of course, I have checked and the pop is not in my original .wav file.
I have checked and all the .wav files are in the same 24 bit.

I usually go in and delete the point, and replace with a new one and the problem goes away. But today I have a song where these solutions don't work. It's just one instrument track, about 5 anchors out of 50 pop.

I tried rendering the .wav file (with the volume envelope) so I could drop in the rendered version and delete the original raw instrument. No luck.

i also tried deleting all the other tracks -- leaving only the one track with the envelope. Nope, still pops at those 5 anchors.

So, the pop isn't in my original file. It doesn't happen everytime, but it usually happens on the same points.

Has anyone ever had this issue? Any solutions? I lean towards thinking it's a RAM problem.

Is there a place where I can check how much RAM is assigned to Vegas, and boost it? The computer has 16 Gigs, but maybe Vegas isn't using all of it.

Or maybe it's something else completely.

Thanks,
Sam

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Sony Vegas 12 - Volume Envelope Point make a pop / click
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:03:25 pm

I would try moving the anchor point to a position of silence (i.e. 0db) so that even if you have something like a second anchor point very close to the first, there will be no detectable change in the audio volume.

Also, have you tried zooming Waaaaaayyy in on the volume envelope to insure that you do NOT have two anchor points positioned very close to one another? If you do have that case, you need to delete one of those anchor points.

Return to posts index

Sam rosenthal
on Aug 17, 2015 at 5:55:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is not the problem.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:40:45 pm

I just experimented with a stereo wav file by adding volume envelope points in the loudest part of the song, even very close to each other, from very loud to very low level and had no pops. Does it do this with all types of audio, mono, stereo, mp3, low and high bitrate? Have tried different audio settings? Driver or buffer settings? What are your computer specs? You can click the Windows start button and type run in the little window, then type dxdiag in the run window. This will show you a lot about your computer, CPU type and speed, Ram, click on the sound tab and see your sound card specs.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]