FORUMS: list search recent posts

Youtube pixelation?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas Hajk
Youtube pixelation?
on Aug 14, 2015 at 3:21:36 pm

Hello guys,

After many, many hours of searching for the best youtube settings, I've given up and I'm trying it for the last time here on this forum as I've seen some good suggestions here.

I'm a game moviemaker, but over the years I wasn't able to find those "Clear crystal" settings for youtube as I have seen on other guys' channels. I'll try to be as short as possible.

- Vegas settings
https://ctrlv.cz/24zf
https://ctrlv.cz/K9YX

When I render the file, the quality is so good, basically no pixels anywhere, just as it should be. But when I upload it on youtube, the quality is just horrible and it feels like it's my first day in Sony Vegas and I have no idea how to upload a good quality video.

Take a look for yourself :/

Original - https://ctrlv.cz/Q01X
Youtube - https://ctrlv.cz/9ra3

Is there anyone who could help me? I just have no idea what to do anymore.. losing my motivation.

Would appreciate a lot, thanks!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Youtube pixelation?
on Aug 14, 2015 at 4:35:40 pm

I took a screen shot of your original and used these settings and this is what a 5 sec you tube vid looks like for me.

In the render settings, in the project tab, I set render quality to best.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 14, 2015 at 6:08:47 pm

Hello Danny,

thanks a lot for your input. I took a look and the only difference in our settings is that you selected CBR at 50mbps and 32bit (full range) quality colors. I'm going to try the CBR at 50mbps as well and at the same time I'll try to select 32bit (video levels) color quality. It seems as if the colors with the full range quality are a bit too dark.

Anyway I'll write back when I'm done with the testing, I'm in the process of doing it.

Once again, thanks a lot for reply!

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 14, 2015 at 6:26:01 pm

Ok Danny,

I just tried the same as you did with the screenshot. Just to be sure if it's not something with my pc etc.

The result is the same. Crystal clear quality... ->

that means, what destroys the quality is the movement. I've tried smart resample (which I really hate) and no resample, it seems to be a problem when using both of them.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:25:26 pm

Did you upload a video to YouTube using the settings I used? If you did, can you post a link for me to see?

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:27:53 pm

Yes I did. Except for the 32-bit full color, Youtube didn't want to process the video using that option.

So I just chose 32-bit video levels

Here you go:

I hope it's just not me, but the quality is still terrible... you can immediately see the pixeling on the trees.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:39:28 pm

That's weird. YouTube did it for me with those settings,,,,?? I can't see your video unless you set it to listed or public. Private means only logging in as you lets it be viewed.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:52:52 pm

Gosh.. sorry :D I swear I set it as Unlisted, apparently not :)

You should see it now.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 14, 2015 at 8:49:37 pm

I see what you mean. Does it look good after the Vegas render, before YouTube encodes it? That's a pretty small clip. Anyway you can dropbox it to me, or even a one second sample so I can experiment with it? A 1 sec. clip may be small enough to email it to me. danhays2004@yahoo.com

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 14, 2015 at 9:54:32 pm

It looks absolutely amazing when I watch it from the PC. But once Youtube encodes it, this is the result.

Yes sure I can, I'm just going to sleep so I'll get it for you tomorrow!

Thanks once again for your replies.

Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 15, 2015 at 12:30:59 am
Last Edited By Norman Black on Aug 15, 2015 at 12:33:53 am

If what you render from Vegas looks good on playback and the Youtube result does not, then there is NOTHING you can do.

Youtube re-encodes everything uploaded to their own spec. Their spec is very low bitrate and very often game material does not compress well enough to maintain a certain visual quality. This has nothing to do with some magic encoding setting. It is entirely dependent on exactly what is going on in the video at at every instant in time.

Again, if your encode looks good, then how is it possible that giving Youtube something different can possible help. The loss of quality is entirely from the Youtube re-encode. If someone elses game video looks better then the the specific sequence of frames in their video just compressed better into the low Youtube bitrate than yours did.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 15, 2015 at 1:40:01 am

Would it look different if he dropped his frame rate from 60 to 30 frames per second?

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:41:36 am
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 15, 2015 at 12:33:21 pm

Thanks for your input.

I'm aware that it has to be a youtube problem, but since I've seen a lot of moviemakers put up a great quality content on youtube, I just don't get it. When I render the video out on 8K bitrate, it's even pixelated in Windows, so I can't expect to have a good quality on youtube, if I put 50K bitrate, it's perfect in Windows and the same as 8k on youtube.

For example, take a look at this video:

Isn't it like 10 times better than mine?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 15, 2015 at 6:42:48 pm

[Lukas Hajk] "...but since I've seen a lot of moviemakers put up a great quality content on youtube, I just don't get it. "

I answered than in my previous post.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 15, 2015 at 7:46:58 pm

"If someone elses game video looks better then the the specific sequence of frames in their video just compressed better into the low Youtube bitrate than yours did."

Well... and how did they do it? That's the whole point. Is it like random that Youtube compresses someone's videos better or something? I don't understand it. Thanks for a reply!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:15:59 pm

The other video does look a lot better than yours. I personally like to help with solutions. Can you capture just "a second or two" of your game and send that original file to me so I can experiment with it? danhays2004@yahoo.com

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:45:36 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Aug 16, 2015 at 12:10:44 am

Posting "Media Info" on your source footage would help, also screen shot your project settings.

You might try the Match Media button in Project Settings, then render to an XDCAM-EX profile that "=" the project settings. Upload the XDCAM-EX clip directly to YouTube.

YouTube does scale everything down to 6-8Mbs HD at 30FPS, they double the bitrate for 60P. XDCAM at 29.97 will more than cover the bitrate issue, and allow YT a good master to encode the various MPEG-DASH streams. 60P is just more frames to render and gets into whether you are looking at the content or quality of what you are watching. If you need 60p, try an XAVC profile, or Sony AVC with the bitrate set to about 15-25Mbs. All this done in 8-bit project mode, as your source material is not likely more than 8-bit.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 15, 2015 at 11:54:20 pm

Sorry Danny, I completely forgot to check back with you. I'd like to let you know that the original file is always very huge. 5 seconds of the gameplay takes like 9GB so I doubt you'll be happy to download that. as I said, I'm recording at very high quality, everything looks so amazing on the PC, but the Youtube quality is worse than most videos from the same game.

To Aaron: The Vegas settings are in the first post! :) Btw, thank you for the suggestions. Will try it out.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 12:08:00 am

Do you have a Dropbox account? They're free, and it will allow you to send me a couple second video clip.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 16, 2015 at 12:16:14 am

The vegas settings you posted are not "project Settings." What you posted is "render as" settings, there is a difference.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 12:31:09 am

I'm sorry! Here you go: https://ctrlv.cz/q2Ml

To Danny: I do not, but I will try to get it for you if you really want ;)

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 1:14:04 am

Lukas, I really enjoy trying to figure out problems, such as the one you are experiencing. I just want to experiment with one of the original files with different render settings, like maybe XDCAM as Aaron suggest. Aaron I downloaded the good looking video from YouTube and its at 50 frames per second FYI. I believe the high bit rate renders Lukas is making are over kill. Look at the mediainfo of the good looking video I downloaded.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 16, 2015 at 1:38:59 am
Last Edited By Norman Black on Aug 16, 2015 at 4:06:14 am

[Lukas Hajk] "Well... and how did they do it? That's the whole point. Is it like random that Youtube compresses someone's videos better or something? I don't understand it. Thanks for a reply!"

No it is not random. It is entirely dependent on the source video content. Some things compress better than others. I'll give the long winded answer.

Consider a talking head interview, where most of the video is stationary and then consider a video with a stabilized camera attached to the front of some vehicle moving down a trail/road. This video has constant movement, which is itself is not purely a problem, but scale of everything is constantly changing because the camera is moving through the scene. The later is a big problem. Sophisticated codecs like AVC have mechanisms to deal with motion on screen, and eliminate redundancies and gain better compression. These things handle stuff like shaky handheld cameras and people moving/walking across screen, moving their head and such. It does not handle changes in scale like a zoom or a camera moving forward.

There are two ways video can be compressed. The encoder can find redundancies like things that don't move, or things that did move an in a sense copy it from one frame to the next. The other item is exactly like using a lower quality level when you save a jpeg image. In the later the image becomes blocky and blurry.

So when a video encoder is targeting a bitrate, and not a video quality level, then if the encoder cannot find enough redundancies across a sequence of frames in time, then all that is left for it to do is "lower the jpeg quality level". If an encoder is targeting a quality level, then material that compresses well would result in much smaller files than those that those that do not compress well.

The hard part about Youtube, aka internet, video delivery is that the bitrates are very low so videos have very high compression levels. Those videos where the the encoder cannot find enough redundancies result of poorer, possibly unacceptable visual quality.

One other thing to remember is that images with lots of fine detail never compress very well unless fairly static. Fine detail is the first thing an encoder is going to drop when it is attempting to encode a video stream.

I know all about the internet video delivery problem. GoPro cameras attached to my mountain bike, DO NOT compress very well. Stabilization is necessary to help this out.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 3:11:40 am
Last Edited By Danny Hays on Aug 16, 2015 at 3:12:43 am

Norman, Thanks for that info. I know a little how compression works, but not like you do I believe. Frame rate makes little or no difference as I downloaded the highest quality game video from you tube, 1080 50p 69,882 KB and the next highest, 1080 25p 51,571 KB and pulled them into Vegas on two separate tracks, set preview to Full/Best on external monitor, so I could mute the top track and see the lower. I let Vegas set project settings to the 1080 50p clip. There was almost no difference other than the amount of view-able frames. Lukas's game has more detail and more shades of color than the good looking You Tube video. Look at these screen shots full screen.

Good looking video

Lukas's original

Lukas's You Tube

Look at the front of the truck in the last pic.
There's got to be a better render setting from Vegas to get better than that, don't you think?

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 16, 2015 at 4:30:48 am

Danny,

In the examples you posted of the good game there is very little high frequency (fine) detail so it compresses better. Not only would that compress better, but we are less likely to notice technical losses in quality even in a static pixel peep.

In Lukas example there is tons of high frequency detail. Also this is a first person view so when the game character is running compression suffers more.

I don't know about the actual footage of this example but very often game footage looks like a squirrel on speed. The dart their view around abruptly. Generally the more camera movement the worse compression is. Movement of characters in front of a relatively still camera is not so much of a problem. The sophisticated codecs have mechanisms to help deal with that, and the best low bitrate encoders using said codecs, like x264, implement those features very well.

[Danny Hays] "There's got to be a better render setting from Vegas to get better than that, don't you think?"

If the original from Vegas looks good, nothing you can do. The complaint result is about the one from Youtube. How can giving Youtube something even better than "good" going to help the Youtube result become better. Youtube already cannot maintain quality with what they are being given that is already good.

I saw a setting screen from Luka with a 50Mbps average bitrate. Youtube will always be worse than that since it's bitrate is way lower. He would probably be better off bailing on 60p. Most are not going to be able to watch that and Youtube only gives maybe 50% more bitrate for twice the frame rate. If someone has a video that does not compress well, then there is less bitrate available per frame than at 30p. Youtube is counting on 60p videos being able to compress better than 30p for similar quality.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 5:31:11 am

Are you saying that Sony Vegas Pro can't render as something YouTube can make look better than that? I believe it can. That's why I want a very small sample of his original footage. Sorry Lukas, I know you're just looking for some presets that will give you a better quality YouTube video. With a small sample of an original file, I believe I can do that for you.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:47:06 am
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 16, 2015 at 10:33:28 am

Hello guys,

I'm kinda in hurry now, but I just saw your long posts and wanted to say I appreciate your help and I will read all of them later today!

To Danny: Yes man, you can count on that, I will get it for you! :)

// Edit 1: Would raw game footage compressed by Lagarith lossless codec be ok for you? In these examples I didn't use it but I know that a lot of moviemakers use that codec while compressing the .avi file to make it 1/2 size without losing quality.

// Edit 2: Just to let you know how the whole process goes. In the game, I set it to run at framerate of 300 (to make later editing easier while doing slow motion etc.) then I start capturing thousands of .tga pictures which I then connect in a program called VirtualDub to make an .avi file from all those pictures. This is a standard process of doing videos from this game at the highest possible quality.

// Edit 3: I'm just uploading the file for you to dropbox. The file has 1,8GB and it only has 2 seconds. Unfortunately I wasn't able to upload more since I only have 2GB of free space :/

// Edit4 : Here's the file! https://www.dropbox.com/s/p21k4zm35tear40/1080p-Lagarith-300fps.avi?dl=0
Don't be suprised when you won't be able to playback it in Windows, it's perfectly fine in Vegas though. Don't know exactly why, maybe it has something to do with the fps things I mentioned above ;) Let me know if you find something! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 11:58:37 am
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 16, 2015 at 1:38:38 pm

Also, wanted to show you another thing which I don't understand.

Take a look at this video, this is probably the best quality I've seen from CS:GO (the game's name) videos.

One thing is the awesome image quality, I think I didn't see a single pixel.
The second thing is the "movement" quality - is it just me or this is neither a Smart resample nor a No resample? Smart resample looks usually terrible in gaming videos, no resample makes the image sharper but at the same time the video looks a bit laggy even in 60fps

- for understanding here's an example of 60fps no resample video -

The first video in this post is just... something different, I feel like. It has a great quality and basically no motion blur. Is it possible that he rendered it in a program different than Sony Vegas/After Effects to achieve this great result?

Danny, if you'll be able to achieve nearly the same quality as the first video I posted, I'll be forever grateful for that :D Take it as a challenge maybe!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 16, 2015 at 9:22:43 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Aug 16, 2015 at 9:26:47 pm

// Edit 2: Just to let you know how the whole process goes. In the game, I set it to run at framerate of 300 (to make later editing easier while doing slow motion etc.) then I start capturing thousands of .tga pictures which I then connect in a program called VirtualDub to make an .avi file from all those pictures. This is a standard process of doing videos from this game at the highest possible quality.

You know that you can import still images as a video clip? Use the import function in the media manager, then select the 1st image, and then check the sequence duration of the last frame. Then set the media settings to what you want the play back to be. No need for VirtualDub or anything.

Also when capturing, no need for 300 frames per second, just capture 60FPS to still image. Your video will only show and render 60FPS, no need for overkill here. If you can capture to .PNG would be best, and or .TIF (tif will be large.)

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Aug 16, 2015 at 3:16:37 pm

[Danny Hays] "Are you saying that Sony Vegas Pro can't render as something YouTube can make look better than that? I believe it can. "

Vegas did not render the the Youtube result. The Vegas result, the original, is good. If Youtube cannot maintain the Vegas quality level then how is improving the Vegas result going to help any.

--------
Luka

I have a 50Mbps connection so I downloaded the 1.8GB file, installed the Lagarith codec, and rendered to 20Mbps MC AVC at 60.0p one pass VBR, resampling disabled. As expected the Vegas result looks fine. I rendered the 300p Lagarith to down to 60.0p and of course at 20Mbps the AVC version is not identical to the Lagarith 60p but it is close and quite good.

As expected a Youtube upload loses a bunch of quality compared to the Vegas AVC render. It looses it for all the reasons I have previously mentioned. I'll not repeat myself. I even saw detail jump in/out which would be expected in a bitrate starved situation. e.g. The stone building on the right starts blurry and then the detail suddenly jumps in when we get closer.

Good luck on your quest for the Holy Grail.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 4:16:46 pm

Lukas, You removed the post with the download link of your original footage? I didn't get a chance to download it.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 5:26:32 pm
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 16, 2015 at 5:28:13 pm

Norman,

I understand that Youtube can't handle the quality I give it from the source files, but if you take a look at the 2 videos I provided above, you can't deny the quality is just so much better, it even looks like they are source files. I just don't believe there isn't a solution. It's the same game and editors use the same way as I do to make the first .avi file which we edit afterwards. The only difference is that their youtube videos appear to be 10x better quality than mine.

I'm sorry if I overlook something in your statements and I sound stupid now, I'd believe it if I didn't know those editors and saw their videos. They of course refuse to show their render settings etc.

To Danny: No I didn't, in fact I can see it in my previous post :) But if you still can't see it, here you go!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p21k4zm35tear40/1080p-Lagarith-300fps.avi?dl=0

Nevertheless, thank you guys for your patience, I didn't really expect someone would even try to help, at least not this much! :)

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 6:48:17 pm

OK, I did a few sample renders and here's the best looking on YouTube.
Here's my project and render settings and a link to the video. It's not as good as the original but it's alot better than the screen shot and the youtube video you had up.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 7:53:13 pm

That indeed looks quite good! Although it's with Smart resample, right? I'm not really a fan of it as it makes a very ugly motion blur when there's a lot of movement, did you also try it without resampling?

I'm going to try the same settings as yours and upload it, we will see if I have the same results.

Thanks a lot so far! Will definitely update you in a short while.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:27:23 pm

Ok Danny, now it gets really strange...

I copied your settings from A to Z, everything.

And now compare our videos:

Your:

Mine:

Although my clip is a bit longer and starts like a second earlier, I'm sure you will still notice the difference. just look at the crosshair, yours is nice and smooth, my crosshair is like pixelated etc...

Can you also see the difference?

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:33:06 pm

I did not change any of the sample or resample settings. Whatever Sony Vegas defaults to is what I used.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:35:40 pm
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 16, 2015 at 8:37:56 pm

My friend just noticed a very odd thing...

When you right click on youtube and you take a look at the stats,

In your video, it shows this: https://ctrlv.cz/XTlw
In my video, it shows this: https://ctrlv.cz/u1I7

The dropped frams change depending on how long you play the video, but notice the codec...

Your says VP9, mine says AVC.. I'm not really expert in this, but maybe you will know something more from that?

// edited link on my video, I accidentaly posted yours twice.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 16, 2015 at 9:45:15 pm

You can Wiki VP9, but basically this is googles version of h265. Depends probably on region server you are being served from, or browser support, as to whether you will get VP9.

Google play a bunch in licensing fees to use .MP4 in their product. If google has its way, we only use VP9 for YouTube. VP9 eliminates the MPEG-LA fees.

One other thought on your capture. You might try to capture in .PNG or .tif. Set your game to limit frame rate to 60FPS, as this will keep the frame capture rate inline with the final render and save space. No need to render more than you have to. Limiting to 60FPS will also free up system resources.

If you can verify that your capture in png or tif is in 32bit RGBA, then rendering in 32-bit Video Level (not full range) to XAVC (project matching profile.) will improve color and banding issues. Upload the XAVC file directly, and verify that the media info says its in 10-bit mode.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 16, 2015 at 11:47:15 pm
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 17, 2015 at 11:06:57 am

Hey Aaron,

thanks for the info & suggestions. I'd like to let you know that I have to record at, say, 240-300fps (I think I just use the wrong word for you to understand this) - if I record at 300fps, I can slow down the video to 20 % and it will still look smoothly at 60fps. If I use incorrect words, I'm sorry. But I guess don't mind this, it's a standard way of capturing the gameplay to be able to do slow-motion, I'm sure I do it correctly, don't mind this part! :)

By the way, I've made some research today and found out, that all the Youtube videos I have showed you so far, have been encoded with VP9.

I have even found out that some of my older videos have been encoded with VP9. But these ones tend to be encoded in the AVC format, which seems to be the problem I think. What else would differentiate our videos when they are rendered in the exactly same settings? Do you know how to encode it in VP9? I think this might be the problem we're talking about the whole time... Thanks, Danny!

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 17, 2015 at 6:20:29 pm

Danny are you still out there somewhere? :D

If so, do you think that the VP9 codec is the reason why your video is so smooth?

as I said, some of my older videos are also encoded by VP9, which I really don't know how it happened, but since those are totally different videos I can't compare them... I've talked to 4 different people today, who are game moviemakers and I copied their settings exactly and my video still looks a lot more blur-ish and pixelated as seen in videos above.

All of them have VP9 codec when I right-click on their videos, I'm the only one who keeps getting AVC1.xxxxx"

Could anyone help? :/

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 17, 2015 at 7:53:57 pm

I don't know why you're not getting the same results as I did. Try this, Hold down the ctrl and shift keys and start Vegas Pro 13. Hold them down until you get the reset to default settings question, and click yes. Then import the same 1.8 gig file you put up in dropbox and set the project settings and render settings as I did. Don't change and resample settings as I did not. Double click on the video on the timeline to set your loop points as I did before you render. You render properties should look like mine, same exact size. If it is the same, upload it to you tube and see if it's VP9.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 17, 2015 at 9:07:30 pm

Okay, gonna do it right now, thanks! Will update you.

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 17, 2015 at 9:47:14 pm
Last Edited By Lukas Hajk on Aug 17, 2015 at 10:24:17 pm

Ok Danny,

Here's a picture from my newest upload, I did what you said with the Sony Vegas reset.
These are exactly the same settings, as of now it shows AVC1 codec in the youtube video properties.

Here it is: https://ctrlv.cz/G3Yo

Compare it with yours: https://ctrlv.cz/lRtd

The difference is kinda noticeable, at least for my eyes. In the places where I have a lot of pixels (maybe even blur) you have kinda a good quality. That means it has to be due to AVC codec... One of my videos just got changed to VP9 randomly, so I will just wait if this one transfers too and if the quality changes with it.

You probably don't have any other ideas, do you?

// Edit. My video just got changed to VP9 and look at this one: https://ctrlv.cz/uP9F

When you compare it with yours, it's the same. So it was all about the codec, which most of the time didn't make it "into" my videos.

Still the quality isn't as good as some editors' so I have to keep experimenting and don't give up...

Thanks a lot for your help guys, especially you Danny.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 18, 2015 at 12:20:13 am

I'm experimenting with some 1080 60p from one of my Panasonic TM700s. I chose a clip with a lot of detail for quality purposes. I rendered a 4 sec clip at MCAVC 20mbs like I did yours and one at MCAVC 50mbs, and they both look terrible AND they both show as AVC1xxxx like yours did at first. This was about 8PM. Let's check back later and see if they switch to VP9

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 18, 2015 at 1:51:04 am

Hmmmm,, OK, now they're both VP9 and they still look like crap. One thing I don't understand is on yours, the the slow moving parts, like the crane look good and the fast moving walls look worse. On mine it's the opposite. The trees far away look like crap and the bushes on the left moving fast look better. One thing for sure is the more detail, the worse You Tubes version looks, at least with the footage we are trying. There has to be a better way. Look at these youtube videos. One is 4K. The other is 1080 60p and neither have the problem we are having. They both look fantastic and have a lot of detail in parts of them. I have a GoPro hero 4 black that shoots 4k. I have to do some testing to do to say the least. Maybe Vegas can't do what we want. Even my renders before you tube encodes them have this problem to some degree. I think we should start a new thread in Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Premier and Final Cut forums where people have you tube videos that look great, and what settings they used. I searched for Sony vegas made videos and the few I found have this problem. FYI, there are some Sony Vegas Tutorials for youtube we should check out.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Lukas Hajk
on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:41:02 am

wow those videos indeed look awesome.

Danny, do you have any Instant messaging program which we could use? I feel like it would be faster & more effective since we're the only ones talking in this topic, most of the time :)

I can adapt to your choice.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 18, 2015 at 8:34:31 pm

We can text and talk if we want. 321-438-3906. Text me and let me know who you are so I can add you as a contact.

Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Brett Hickman
on Nov 7, 2015 at 11:13:12 pm

Hey man. I had same issue until I did a few things. And it absolutely has to do with vegas and the game too. even if it looks good on your computer it can upload looking bad...so forget that advice that it wouldn't.

-In vegas, right click on your clip, go to switches, then disable resampling. do this on any still image or text you add too. anything left with resampling on causes pixles in your vids uploaded.

-In Game...turn off post processing in any of your games...this will be a game changer for your vids. I learned this from one of my viewers.
Hope this helps

setting you guys have come up with in the options look good. not at home but they look correct. combined with the things I said and your option settings..you should be golden.

Return to posts index

Oliver Nilsson
on Nov 9, 2015 at 1:42:56 pm

Hello, i have the same problem as you! I was just wondering if u find a fix for this? if u did i would love to hear it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]