FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking one end of lines with Boris.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ck Armstrong
Tracking one end of lines with Boris.
on Aug 12, 2015 at 10:12:17 am

I couldn't see a Boris forum so seen as I'm using Vegas I figured I'd inquire with you lovely people here.

I'm looking for a tutorial or run through of how to create a line where one end is anchored but the other end will track an object. I'm able to create overlays and things that will follow a tracker (as a whole) but can't seem to find out how to achieve the line with one end anchored.

Vegas 13, BCC.

Any help or pointers would be great.

Return to posts index

Dale Estes
Re: Tracking one end of lines with Boris.
on Aug 12, 2015 at 12:56:27 pm

I'd like to see something like this also, kind of like on the NASCAR races where they have the drivers name in a box that's not moving and then a pointer going to the car that tracks the car.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Tracking one end of lines with Boris.
on Aug 12, 2015 at 1:05:42 pm

[Ck Armstrong] "I couldn't see a Boris forum so seen as I'm using Vegas I figured I'd inquire with you lovely people here. "
This Boris forum is here: Boris FX
[Ck Armstrong] "I'm looking for a tutorial or run through of how to create a line where one end is anchored but the other end will track an object. "
That's a tough one. How would you draw the line? That's the critical piece because you would need to attach tracking information to whatever is drawing one end of the line but I don't know of any way to draw a line in the first place.

Most people would fake the line by using media that looks like a line (e.g., generated media with a thin mask, image of a line, etc.) but you need a real animated line. I've seen this done in auto racing where the driver's name is stationary on the screen and a line from it follows the car. I think that's what you're looking for. It may be easier to accomplish this in Vegas Pro by manually key framing a mask on solid media. It sounds like this might require a plug-in specifically designed to do this because you don't want to keyframe the "position" of the line, just a single end which requires whatever is drawing the lien to have X,Y coordinates to animate each end independently.

I would ask over on the Boris FX forum and see if their experts can think of something to do. It may require Boris RED which actually has line drawing capabilities.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]