FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to put butterfly coming out of broke guys wallet.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Barnes
Want to put butterfly coming out of broke guys wallet.
on Aug 12, 2015 at 12:00:45 am

Hey I've never done video in video before and am not sure how to do it. I just want to shrink down a video of a butterfly flying up and put it over a wallet for someone who is broke. I think it involves tracing frame by frame but I don't know the best process for Vegas.

Return to posts index

Jack Johnson
Re: Want to put butterfly coming out of broke guys wallet.
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:14:51 am

you can use the crop and panning tool and do motion tracking second by second to get that effect. it may take some practice but it should be pretty easy once you get used to it.

Jack

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:28:39 am

The "best" process is have had the butterfly filmed against a blue or green screen and then use Vegas Chromakey FX to key-out the blue or green so it becomes transparent. You'd then put this result ABOVE the Track of the Wallet Track. That's the best way. I've just looked on the Internet and found several suppliers of stock footage of butterflies on blue or green screen. Have a look at those for ideas - I didn't even know that something like this existed! The INTERNET is mind-blowing.

OK, next "best" way Is to create a GARBAGE MATTE of the flight of the insect. As most Butterflies appear to visually strike a great CONTRAST from their backgrounds this may well be quite doable. You'd then use the MATTE to act as a mask employing one of the Compositing Track Functions to force the use of the now created ALPHA (read here transparent) backgrounds. That should kinda work.

Lastly, the Frame by Frame, or Rotoscoping option.... Nasty!

Now saying ALL this, there is yet another option : Create your OWN Frame by Frame animation of a Butterfly in flight. This sounds like a lot if work, but maybe not. As much of the flight is repetitive and the actual visual IMPACT consists of it bobbing about a lot, once you've got maybe 1 or 1.5 seconds of flight, or even 10 frames, having this and then rapidly changing flight direction should be straightforward, you'd have a fairly decent "representation" of butterfly flight ready to position over the Wallet Track. In the past I've used PSP Animation Shop which could produce really decent animations from frame by frame movement.

Interesting project - you certainly got my brain racing!

So in summary, there are better options to rubbing out the backgrounds frame by frame, but ultimately it's up to you as to how much compromise at one end, and how much time and or money you want to invest in achieving the end result you want in your video.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 12, 2015 at 8:53:36 am

Find a butterfly in PNG with Alpha like this one:

Cut the image into slices with Photoshop, then animate the layers with Pan/crop key framing in vegas. If the image is to large to scale properly in Vegas, reduce the size before importing into Vegas.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 12, 2015 at 1:09:41 pm

Don't forget that Vegas Pro can play GIF files. Find a GIF of a butterfly flapping it's wings and animate it with Track Motion.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]