FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render output different to project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Petrakos
Render output different to project
on Aug 11, 2015 at 11:35:39 pm

Hey guys,

In a bind. Have had a project colour graded and have had to make some changes to it prior to rendering. When I do, the output video is different to what you can see in vegas, darker and more crushed.

The file is a 10 bit DNxHD, have installed avid codecs. The original looks fine in QuickTime, crushed in VLC. When rendering down to 1920x1080HD on play back it is crushed in all players.

Any suggestions on what settings I need to ensure that it translate across? Or is this a player issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tom

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Render output different to project
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:42:49 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 12, 2015 at 5:36:14 am

Messy.

Deciding what platform my output will finally be delivered on has become a pain for me too. I've ended up for the handful of clients I've worked for in getting a truly, drilled-through agreement as to what format I have to supply. I then sign off only according to what has been agreed.

As you have found getting a universal LEVELS format nowadays is impossible. The only thing I can advise is make a strict policy as to on what device and player your output can be played and provide as many levels versions as to make you and your collaborators happy.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]