FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas slow motion

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruud de Ruijter
Sony Vegas slow motion
on Aug 11, 2015 at 12:21:07 pm

I want to slow some things down, but I want to be precise with how much it's slowed down.

I have a clip which I cut and removed some parts from it after that I cut it in pieces, I want some to be fast some to be normal speed. I like the idea of the playback speed and velocity envelope, but it doesn't change the length of the clip and if I make the clip longer then I see a V, but if I shorten the clip to that V then it doesn't stop at where I cut it.

CTRL+dragging isn't accurate, so I don't really want to use it

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Sony Vegas slow motion
on Aug 11, 2015 at 6:39:03 pm

CTRL + dragging and Velocity envelopes are the only way to slow down a clip in Vegas. If your seeing a V, then your dragging past the end of the clip and it repeats at the V. Have you double clicked on a velocity envelope and created a keyframe or keyframes yet. You can choose where and how much it is slowed down very accurate with that method.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

Ruud de Ruijter
on Aug 11, 2015 at 6:46:05 pm

Okay, thank you.

I have cut the whole clip in pieces and when I see the V then the clip is so long that it is already playing the next cutten clip

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 11, 2015 at 7:57:56 pm

Unless you create a sub clip within the trimmer, you're never really cutting a clip your only referencing a certain part of the original full length clip. So when you drag the edge of a clip in the timeline to shorten it or lengthen it you're not cutting the clip you're only seeing that part of it if you're dragging it out longer and you see a v, it starting the clip over and playing it again, it's not playing another clip.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

Ruud de Ruijter
on Aug 11, 2015 at 8:04:30 pm

Then I am going to try that, I will ask you for help if I can't get it done.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:59:38 am

Hi Ruud. Unless I've got your problem completely wrong I think you've got at least two solutions for your section if cut footage:

A] Render Region and bring that back in.

Or

B] Import Region as a Nested Veg!

Would that work for you?

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]