FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound out of sync when Vegas project moved to Resolve environment

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Longworth
Sound out of sync when Vegas project moved to Resolve environment
on Aug 10, 2015 at 4:10:35 pm

I've completed a project in Vegas 12. I rendered an m2t. The video was sent for color correction in a Resolve environment. The colorist required a Premier Pro export from Vegas.
The audio was rendered as a WAV file and sent separately for the colorist and the audio mixer. The colorist opened the project as a Premier project, then moved that to a Resolve environment. The WAV files are out of sync with the m2t video files.
As a separate( but perhaps related) problem, the audio mixer working in Pro Tools, has a similar problem using a H.264 version of the video which is out of sync with the WAV files. Any suggestions?
As a complicating factor, the Vegas project includes GH3 footage shot at 24 fps, as well as video camera footage shot at 30 fps. Vagas handles this well, but may not properly output to the next stage environment. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Sound out of sync when Vegas project moved to Resolve environment
on Aug 10, 2015 at 6:45:47 pm

Why not export a Resolve template from Vegas. The colorist can open in Resolve and circumvent a step.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Rick Longworth
on Aug 11, 2015 at 1:07:39 pm

Good suggestion. I'll try that, although I doubt it will help the out-of-sync problem.
When I generate a WAV file from my project and send it to the colorist and sound mixer, it drifts off sync. Could this have to do with the WAV file having a incorrect speed value in it's metadata? How would one correct it?
The windows WAV file is 48,000 Hz, 24 Bit.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 11, 2015 at 7:17:13 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Aug 11, 2015 at 7:30:30 pm

[Rick]

This may or may have any thing to do with your problem, but I discovered some time ago that Mpeg-2 renders always add a roughly 10 msec delay to the audio. And that if you now import that file into vegas, and render it again, it will add another delay so that now you're 20 msec off. Here's a screenshot

You'll note that the wave render from the original is spot-on, whereas the m2t render is delayed by almost a frame (60P). In any case, you might want to test for yourself just to see if there is any delay resulting from your render settings.

wwaag

Added: Here's a link to my original post. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messag...

Return to posts index

Rick Longworth
on Aug 11, 2015 at 10:04:20 pm

Thanks Wayne. I never knew about the re-render delay in the audio. Although that doesn't seem to be what's happening in my case, I'll remember that for future reference.

My colleague suggested putting the rendered WAV files back into a Vegas project and exporting them. Initially I had given him just the rendered WAV files.

At first glance that seemed to have worked. The WAV files now seem to be in sync with the Video. More checking will be done tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]