Magic Lasso Tool For Videos

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Neilson
Magic Lasso Tool For Videos
on Aug 10, 2015 at 8:24:08 am

Greetings all
This is my first Post here at the forums
I would like to know if it's possible to cut a moving image from a video and then place it onto a different background

Example: Say i have a video of me running, and i wanted to make the video look like i'm running along side Wolverine in the latest X-Men movie, how would i be able to do this ?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Magic Lasso Tool For Videos
on Aug 10, 2015 at 11:05:34 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Aug 10, 2015 at 11:06:26 am

[Tony Neilson] "Say i have a video of me running, and i wanted to make the video look like i'm running along side Wolverine in the latest X-Men movie, how would i be able to do this ?"
You certainly like jumping in at the deep end! - OK, I'd be looking at ways I could Blue or Green Screen myself; use Vegas Chroma Keying and superimpose that on top of the Wolverine Media.

So, much research for you: Green or Blue Screen - Chroma Keying; Lighting.

We do have Masking, but you may not think that that is good enough for you?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 10, 2015 at 1:00:26 pm

As Graham pointed out, using Chroma Key against a Green Screen is the easiest way to do this. You either need a shot of Wolverine running against green screen or yourself running against a green screen but one of you needs to be in front of a green screen so that the green background can be keyed out. It sounds like you have neither of these.

Vegas Pro has masking but it's a static mask that you would have to move frame by frame yourself. It's completely doable but very tedious. That may be your only option at this point though. What you would do is use the Mask tool in Pan/Crop to draw a mask around Wolverine. Then move a frame forward and adjust the mask to match his movements. Repeat this for all of the frames that you want him running alongside of you. Then place that event on a track above yours and use Task Motion to position him in place.

Adobe After Effects has a rotoscoping tool that does this automatically but Vegas Pro does not. :(

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Tony Neilson
on Aug 10, 2015 at 6:49:44 pm

Thank you both, this helped

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]