FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crash on startup

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobin Bell
Crash on startup
on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:36:42 am

I use Vegas in this machine long ago without any problem. Recently updated to Windows 10, also updated Vegas to the latest build no. 453.

Now I can't start the program, it loads all stuff and crashes at the very end of loadings (at "Initializing GPU-accelerated video processing...")

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, that doesn't work. The nvidia driver for my GTX760 is up to date (latest driver release for Win10)

Any idea what went wrong?

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
Re: Crash on startup
on Aug 5, 2015 at 8:14:14 am

Just managed to solve it.

I have an integrated ATI GPU on my mobo that caused the problem. The standalone PCI-E card is active in the UEFI - there's no option to disable integrated one only to choose an active. Because of this, the device Manager in Windows is still listing both cards and unfortunately Win10 installer installed the ATI drivers automatically for the integrated gpu aswell.

It wasn't enough to Uninstall the integrated gpu in the Device Manager, because Windows automatically reinstalls the device over and over for some unknown reason so I had to Disable the mobo gpu completely (in the Device Manager) and voila, Vegas loads up with no problem.

Because I was able to install and use Vegas for years in Windows 7 with the same rig, this might be a conflict when occurs if you have an ATI chipset mobo with an NVIDIA graphic card, caused by the forced stupidity of Windows 10, I believe.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lenczycki
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:20:38 pm

Thanks for updating the forum on your findings. My guess is that as more and more people upgrade to Win10, some could run into the same type issue.

Andrew Lenczycki

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 5, 2015 at 11:37:00 pm

Pioneers always catch an arrow in the back. It will be a long time before I consider moving to Win 10. Too many possibilities of a glitch just like yours.

Return to posts index

Jean Robert
on Aug 11, 2015 at 5:15:51 pm

I had a similar problem starting Vegas Pro 12 under Windows 10 (and which ran well under Windows 8.1). I found that the problem was a conflict between two graphics cards installed: AMD R7 M270 and Intel HD Graphics Family. I disabled the Intel card in Device Settings (leaving the AMD card enabled) and Vegas starts up well.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction to resolve the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]