FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shortcut to connect cuts quickly?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João Neto
Shortcut to connect cuts quickly?
on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:42:30 am

On adobe premiere there a way to connect cuts quickly pressing a key on the keyboard and clicking on the empty space to connect two separeted videos.
Is this possible on sony vegas?

Here's an image to show what I'm trying to say.
http://i.imgur.com/WkBGQNO.png

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Shortcut to connect cuts quickly?
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:33:46 am

If you do your cuts editing with Auto Ripple selected, then the gap will be closed automatically every time you cut something from the timeline. If the gaps are already there, I don't know of anything inside of Vegas that is "1-click" that will close the gap. However, there are lots of scripts available that will do this including commercial scripts such as Vegasaur that will close gaps on selected events or selected tracks with a single click. Easiest solution, however, is to simply do your cuts editing with Auto Ripple on.

wwaag

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:11:47 am

If you turn on Auto Ripple you can double-click in the gap between the clips to make timeline selection and then press the Delete key and the gap will be deleted causing the right-side clip to move up against the left-side clip. It's two actions (double-click + Del) but it gets the job done.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:35:27 am

The trouble with this Ripple option approach, and WHY I didn't suggest it is that:

1] You need to pre-select the appropriate parameters for that Ripple session.

2] You then need to Activate it. Easily forgotten.

3] Then you need to de-activate it. If you forget to do this your Timeline gets messed up.

4] It wont create a Group.

So, John, in my opinion, it only does the small part of removing the Gap; it has accompanying annoying "features" and finally doesn't produce a connected Group. It is time for a Script Guru/king to bash out a simple script for this and have it keystroke-enabled.

OK, in another thread, Steve mentioned the "HEAL" Extension. I'm gonna give that a go. Wondering it it will work with non-contiguous Events?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:38:03 am

Short answer, no. Longer answer, there are several ways to reduce/remove gap and then make the two events a Group, but that's not what you are wanting to hear. Saying all that and using one of my 3rd party scripts I could achieve most of this. I could then possible apply a Keystroke to the process. I'll have a look at doing it.

Others here will have possible solutions.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 5, 2015 at 4:50:59 am

Then you need to de-activate it. If you forget to do this your Timeline gets messed up.

This is the main reason I never use Auto Ripple EXCEPT for very simple "cuts only" editing of a single track which is usually the first part of my usual workflow. Once you have multiple tracks with non-contiguous events, I always keep it turned off. It can really mess things up if one's not careful.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:19:08 am

[Wayne Waag] " It can really mess things up if one's not careful."
Exactly. It's about time that this need, what the OP is asking for, was finally addressed. It is a much asked for feature(?). Can't really call it a feature, more a necessity. Premiere has it? Well, so should Vegas.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:42:42 pm

Timeline Tools (it's free!!) has a Remove Gaps & Overlap tool as part of it's extensive package. Give it a try.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:47:25 pm

Sure, but does it make a CONNECTED Event?

Grazie

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Aug 5, 2015 at 1:55:25 pm

Grazie, if you're referring to Timeline Tools, I'm not sure about making a CONNECTED event.
Looking at the João's original post though, it seems that all he/she wants to do is to eliminate the gap between two events and has been offered a number of good suggestions.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:36:45 pm

Original post asks for a CONNECTED result. Not just Gap removal.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:58:07 pm

[Grazie]

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by CONNECTED. Do you mean join 2 adjacent events where now they are one? Or do you mean simply group 2 adjacent events? If it's the former, I don't think you can do this if there is material in the original media file that has been removed between the 2 events.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 5, 2015 at 3:11:29 pm

The OP said "way to connect cuts quickly".

Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]