FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - Rendered video is blurred/pixelated

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Hřebík
Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - Rendered video is blurred/pixelated
on Aug 4, 2015 at 9:12:35 am

Hello. I'm making game videos of Farming Simulator 2013 and I cant manage to hit the settings which will render video in better quality.

Its farming game, so the closer objects are ok, but when you look at upper part of screen while playing video, its pixelated sometimes when I move camera fast or when there is something tiny far awy, its blurred or pixelated when I move camera.
I dont want to wait 3 hours to render one 20 minutes video when I have 20 parts... it would take forever. Now I render it in 35 minutes. After many attempts to find best settings to remove that pixelating/blurring I tried many settings, but nothing helped too much.

The only thing that I found to decrease the problem is to increase bitrate to very high (50mb/s), but the video size is too large after that. Now I tried to render with Field order at upper/lower first and it looks like it nearly removed it, but the render time is 3-4 times longer.

Is there any settings that dont increase rendering time too much and remove that pixelating/blurring or what is that, but it dont increase file size too much ?

My Projects settings:

1920x1080
Field order: None (Progressive scan)
Pixel aspect ratio: 1,00000 (Square)
Output rotation: 0 (original)
Frame Rate: 30,0000
Stereoscopic 3D mode: Off
Pixel format: 8-bit
Full-resolution rendering quality: Good
Motion blur type: Gaussian
Deinterlaced method: None
Checked "Adjust source media to better match project or render settings"

I tried to increase or change many settings here (render quality to best, field order, frame rate...) but nothing helped.

My render settings:
MainConcept AVC/AAC

Video:

Frame size: HD 1080 (1920x1080)
Checked "Allow source to adjust frame size"
Profile: Main
Frame Rate: 29,9700000
Checked "Allow source to adjust frame size"
Field order: None (Progressive scan)
Number of reference frames: 2
Unchecked "Use deblocking filter"
Checked "Constant bitrate (bps): 10 000 000 (10mb/s)
Number of slices: 4
Encode mode: Render using CUDA if available (I have nVidia GTX 560Ti - CUDA is available)
Unchecked "Enable progressive download"

Audio:

Sample rate (Hz): 48 000
Bit rate (bps): 320 000

Project:

Video rendering quality: Best
Stereoscopic 3D mode: Use Project settings
Color space: Default

I have Constant bitrate, because when I had variable even at high bitrate, the blurring/pixelating was much worse then at constant 10mb/s.

I render few previews.

Preview 1 - Here is the same settings as I described above:

Preview 2 - Here is same settings, except Field order in render settings, in this video its set to Upper Field first:

Preview 3 - Here is the same settings as I described above:

Preview 4 - Here is same settings, except Field order in render settings, in this video its set to Upper Field first:

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 - Rendered video is blurred/pixelated
on Aug 5, 2015 at 4:38:38 am

The main problem I see is when you say pixelation occurs when the camera is moving too fast, or it occurs for small objects when you move the camera. That kind of pixelation is probably occurring in the camera and results from the technology used in the camera's sensor. The primary fix is to avoid moving the camera too fast. Other things that may help are a faster shutter speed (which will require more light), or possibly a faster frame rate if your camera has that ability. The amount of correction which is possible in the editing software is very limited. You could try the sharpening fx to see if that will improve the situation. Highly detailed renders will improve the overall image resolution, but I don't think they will help much with problems created in the camera.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:30:54 am
Last Edited By Danny Hays on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:33:17 am

Camera? This is CGI media.
When you add your first clip into a project, timeline, Vegas will ask you if you want to match the project settings to match media. click yes. Then make your render settings match the media. The original bit-rate is (10mb/s) so setting it higher can't get what isn't there. What does the original video look like? Try this render setting.
30p isn't a preset, but you can type 30 in manually.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

Martin Hřebík
on Aug 5, 2015 at 9:24:29 am

Thanks. By camera I mean in-game camera that I see throught. I tried your settings and it limited that problem. But yesterday I found another settings that remove these square things. But it seems like it dont support 1920x1080, but only 1440x1080 (when I set it to 1920 it show error when I start render). But its still 1080.

Btw. The original files are clear like sky, I record with fraps so its uncompressed with bitrate of 745mb/s.

I did a few tests to compare that pixelation/blurring or what the heck it is :D
*You will probably need to open image in one page and zoom in it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]