FORUMS: list search recent posts

A DVD produced with Vegas 11 and DVD Arch. reports as "Prohibited" in a Sony DVD Player

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Shook
A DVD produced with Vegas 11 and DVD Arch. reports as "Prohibited" in a Sony DVD Player
on Aug 4, 2015 at 1:27:42 am
Last Edited By Ron Shook on Aug 4, 2015 at 1:44:35 am

I'm hoping to catch someone who has run into this anomaly and has an idea of the cause. I still have old decks hanging around, Umatic & BetaSP, and a client had a dozen or so 25-30 year old Umatic tapes that he wanted to have turned into DVDs plus a few ancient VHS and DVD disks that he wanted to save. I've got a Sony Walkman DV-HDV deck that I used to translate the analog video to firewire into the editing computer, did minor editing om Vegas Pro 11 to clean out crap on the tapes and rendered to MPEG2 on the DVD Architect settings and AC3 studio for audio for use in DVD Architect 5.2. I set up the DVDs with menus and burned them plus however many copies he wanted. I did this in essentially 2 major sessions and delivered some of the stuff after the first session and then went on to do the rest, the Umatic material, in the second session, burned and delitvered.

Here's where it gets dicey. The client reports that the DVDs from the first session play fine, but that the DVDs from the second session won't play at all in his DVD player, some sort of Sony player hooked up HDMI, that reports that they are "Forbidden," or some other damn "F" word. I'm not aware of doing anything different in the 2 sessions. Now He also reports that the second session DVDs play fine on other computers and DVD players that he has tried them on. These are all on mid level Verbatim DVD-R discs, so that shouldn't be a problem. The client is a total boob technically, so I may have to visit his space to figure this out. I've thought about doing some test burns with different parameters, but what parameter to change is the question?

Any thoughts anyone? Is there any spec in the DVD Arch. properties that might be off, although I've checked and find no potential culprit. What should have been simple is turning into a stress producer. I want to cash his check, but don't feel that I can until I understand this, if I ever will.

Thanks for any thoughts or reports of similar problems.

Ron Shook
Shoulder-High Eye Productions
CreativeCOW Forum Host for Discreet edit* in the distant past

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: A DVD produced with Vegas 11 and DVD Arch. reports as "Prohibited" in a Sony DVD Player
on Aug 4, 2015 at 12:28:50 pm

There is nothing in DVD Architect that can prevent a DVD from playing. Since you did nothing different to create the second set of DVD's you couldn't have done anything wrong. HDMI has a copy protection scheme that may be faulty on his equipment. The fact that the DVD's play fine on other players point to faulty equipment. Tell the client to check his HDMI cable (maybe replace it) and if it plays on his other DVD players then your job is done. Unless you want to charge him $120/hr to debug his equipment troubles. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]