FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 issues.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Ellis
Sony Vegas 13 issues.
on Aug 3, 2015 at 4:56:01 pm

So, I've been using Sony Vegas 13 for my videos that I post on my YouTube gaming channel. I recently got a new method of recording that for some reason makes my Vegas Pro 13 act strangely. I have a capture card that gets MP4 footage straight from my Xbox. However when I put the video, game audio, and commentary in, what happens is it first it will play smoothly but then after a bit into the video my commentary cuts out, then the game audio cuts out, then they both flash in and out at random moments. This is fixed when I press pause and play but for some reason the pause and play button will lag for either a minute, to five minutes,or sometimes just full on crash and I loose all of my work. I will have my PC Specs below to see if that is the issue but I feel like it is either a setting I have checked or the new type of file that I use. Thanks to anyone who can help.

CPU: Core i-5 3330 @3.00 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Ram: 8 Gigs.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Sony Vegas 13 issues.
on Aug 3, 2015 at 6:00:10 pm

Not all mp4s are the same. If it worked before capturing with your new card, Use the method that worked. You can download mediainfo here. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
It will allow you to see the difference in the before vids and new card captured vids.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Aug 3, 2015 at 7:11:27 pm

What capture card are you using?

Getting something like the Blackmagic Intensity shuttle, and then recording in MJEG to a couple of large fast drives in Raid 0 would be the way I would do this. That way you can edit the source material in high quality, then output to an .mp4 that slightly exceeds the upload recommendations.

If you can play that game on your PC, that 970 has shadowplay hardware, or using something like Mirillis action is how most do what you are trying to do.

Return to posts index

Caleb Ellis
on Aug 8, 2015 at 4:13:24 am

I use the Elgato capture card to record Xbox games. Action for PC games. I think it is becaus I had several audio tracks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]