FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i combine splitted media again in Sony Vegas ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hakan Tanak
How can i combine splitted media again in Sony Vegas ?
on Aug 2, 2015 at 6:25:58 pm

I search everywhere but i didnt find any knowledge about this.
How can i combine splitted media again in Sony Vegas ? I dont mean make the group i mean the opposite of splitting. or stitch the media ( which is splitted )

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How can i combine splitted media again in Sony Vegas ?
on Aug 2, 2015 at 6:48:48 pm

Just drag out from the Split. Done.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Aug 2, 2015 at 7:03:11 pm

There are several plugins available with an "unsplit" feature, one such one
is Vegasaur. There is also a free extension that serves the same purpose
called "Split and heal" from SeMW http://www.semw-software.com/en/extensions/

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Hakan Tanak
on Aug 2, 2015 at 9:01:17 pm

steve thanks your answer i download the semw but when i select two piece together and click the heal button, nothing done ? is there another using method that i dont know ?

Return to posts index

Michael Wörner
on Aug 17, 2015 at 8:43:31 am

For "Heal" to work, the two events in question need to be selected and not locked and they must be adjacent on the timeline. They must have the same number of takes, all corresponding takes must reference the same media stream, and their take offsets must be so that the second event starts exactly where the first event ends.

All of this will be true right after splitting an event (maybe except for the selection).

If these conditions are fulfilled for at least two events on the timeline, the "Heal" item will be available and clicking it should merge those two events into one.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Aug 2, 2015 at 9:08:18 pm

I'm not sure why you would "unsplit" when Graham's solution works just fine. Am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Hakan Tanak
on Aug 2, 2015 at 8:17:52 pm

thanks for answer graham but i guess i didnt understand clearly. how can i drag out from the Split ?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Aug 2, 2015 at 8:44:23 pm

Split a 10 second Event at. say 7 seconds. You have 3 seconds to the right of cursor. Delete those 3 seconds. Grab the end of the remaining 7 second and drag/pull the end of those 7 seconds and pull to the right. You now have the original 10 seconds back in tact.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Hakan Tanak
on Aug 2, 2015 at 9:10:08 pm

yes. how i couldnt imagine this. thank you so much. thinking simple is more effective sometimes :)

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 2, 2015 at 11:32:16 pm

[Hakan] The SeMW split and heal does work. I just downloaded it and tried it. You have to select the video and audio events next to the split by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on all four events first. Then hit the heal split icon. I don't understand why we have to select the audio events since they were grouped but I had to or it just fixed the split for the video. I would normally just do as Graham does or Ctrl+z if I just split it and didn't do anything else yet. But say I had several tracks selected and hit the s key. It would take a while to fix that with that method. This cool tool can fix all the splits in a project at the same time. Ctrl+A will highlight all tracks and events and fix them all.
[Steve Rohden] Thanks for the tip and link friend. I use Vegas for music videos usually. I use several cameras at the same time, and their never start recorded or stopped at the same time. I can just look at the audio waveforms to sync the videos up, put the curser at the beginning of the song, Ctrl+A and use the trim start feature to remove all the unneeded parts of the events at the beginning. I can use the trim end at the end of the song as well, and with everything still selected, I can move everything to the beginning of the timeline. That's a big time saver. I also downloaded the SeMW "Auto levels" pluggin. That's a fast way to do a pretty good color correct and brightness and contrast fix with one effect. These are some of the coolest new things I have learned about Vegas in quite a while. Thanks again Steve. ;-)

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Aug 3, 2015 at 12:12:43 pm

You're welcome Danny...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]