Can this be achieved in Vegas Pro 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Søren Sørensen
Can this be achieved in Vegas Pro 13?
on Aug 1, 2015 at 7:19:41 pm

Dear Forum,

http://www.videosforyouth.com/mini-movies/20464/a-christmas-narrative
I found this which I like a lot - would anyone here know if this could be made in Vegas Pro ?

Or alternatively how it's made?

I suspect it's adobe after effects or something (which I do now have)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Can this be achieved in Vegas Pro 13?
on Aug 2, 2015 at 4:17:44 am

[Søren Sørensen] "I found this which I like a lot - would anyone here know if this could be made in Vegas Pro ?"
Sure, I'm betting there are plenty who would know.
[Søren Sørensen] "Or alternatively how it's made?"
Which part? Here's my not exhaustive and non-exclusive list:
Light Rays

Particles:
Twinkling
Swarming
Layering
Synced Film jitter

Text:
Edge Defocus and warping
Text Growth
Text Font sizing
Audio:
Beat Sampling
Foley
All CAN be done in Vegas with 3rd Party plugs. However, if you are prepared to compromise on complexity, subtlety, variation and the organic look and feel, most COULD be done with JUST the Vegas Tools.

But I'm guessing this is the answer you were expecting? Which leads me to ask, what do YOU want out of asking this question.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Søren Sørensen
on Aug 3, 2015 at 11:15:52 am

Excellent response Graham, thx!

I'll also respond to your point about "what I want out of asking the question" (which is a good point)!

I want to figure out how I can make similar stunning effects (different story altogether of course). More specifically, clarification of which 3rd party plugins are we talking about?

I am not on an ultra-tight budget - what would be the ideal program for this task - which has all the necessary features included. I am quite familiar with Vegas for video editing and Blender for general CG, so I guess it will require me to acquire new software skills :)

Regards,
Søren

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 3, 2015 at 12:47:52 pm

You definitely will need a particle generator. Boris Continuum Complete for Vegas Pro has a particle generator but it sounds like at $299 it may be out of your budget. HitFilm 3 Express is now free and that has particles so that might be an option. Other than that, you will probably need to spend endless hours with a tool like Blender to get the same effect . It looks like there are two basic elements: (1) the particles in the background and (2) the particle expositions over the text. Once you have those two the rest of just text with light rays and some motion added.

It's going to take a fair amount of work to recreate that from scratch. Be prepared to learn a lot. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]