FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas - Text Media - Anchor Points & Making text stay where it should.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kris myatt
Sony Vegas - Text Media - Anchor Points & Making text stay where it should.
on Jul 31, 2015 at 2:21:29 pm
Last Edited By kris myatt on Jul 31, 2015 at 3:11:45 pm

Im new to sony vegas.

Very new.

So im super hoping this is just something silly I don't understand or am missing.

Im using the inser text media function, And Using the animation option to periodically edit text, Onto the screen word by word for a sentence over the course of about four seconds.

That bit works.

It's center aligned and im using the "Top center" anchor point.

What I /Assumed/ this meant was that, The box would be anchored from the top center to that position and that as the text reaches the second and third line, The text would appear underneath being unable to move up. Sort of like pressing enter in word or whilst typing this doesn't shunt the whole other text up.

But it does just that, It moves all the previous text up. choosing any of the other options such as "top left" or "center left" or regular "center" does the same. I even tried center bottom incase it was wierdly inverted and no dice.

It's driving me nuts. Completely and any help would be super appreciated.

Sorry for the long post, But I just wanted to be thourough with the information.

Hexxic~

Edit: I'm using Vegas Pro 13.0 If that helps any.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas - Text Media - Anchor Points & Making text stay where it should.
on Aug 1, 2015 at 6:24:04 am

[kris myatt] "But it does just that, It moves all the previous text up. choosing any of the other options such as "top left" or "center left" or regular "center" does the same. I even tried center bottom incase it was wierdly inverted and no dice."
Kris I don't quite understand your predicament, but here is a possible "solution". Make SEPARATE Tracks for each Line of Text and a separate TEXT Event for each line:

Track 1: GenMed TEXT "Hello"

Track 2: GenMed TEXT "World"

Track 3: GenMed TEXT "I'm Grazie"

This way you could get complete control over each and every Statement. This type of control was also offered in Sony Pro Type Titler - I found it both frustrating and clunky. Your experience may differ?

HTHs

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

kris myatt
Re: Sony Vegas - Text Media - Anchor Points & Making text stay where it should.
on Aug 1, 2015 at 1:22:50 pm

Yeah it's gonna have to be seperate tracks then, I was trying to avoid that in order to reduce the clutter but atleast that'll work haha.

I appreciate the response, thank you kindly~

Hexxic~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]