FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted .veg file, only opens in Safe Mode?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Conner
Corrupted .veg file, only opens in Safe Mode?
on Jul 27, 2015 at 4:48:08 am

I have been working on a very small project in Sony Vegas. Everything was working fine until I saved and closed to take a break. When I came back half an hour later and reopened the project, the loading bar for the project got stuck at 21%.

For hours I have been googling and googling this issue, but there has been nothing to help me. I've tried EVERYTHING. Moving around media files, renaming the project, trying the backup file, looking for autosaves (couldn't find any), and importing all the media files all into a new project (but none of them are the problem). Those are just some of the things I tried to do, but nothing worked.

HOWEVER, when I boot my computer (Windows 7) in Safe Mode and open the project, it works fine! My question here is, how do I get the file to work on normal Windows and not have to boot my computer in Safe Mode every time I want to work on this one specific project?

Please help me as I am desperate--Thank you!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Corrupted .veg file, only opens in Safe Mode?
on Jul 27, 2015 at 8:09:23 am

[Sarah Conner] " When I came back half an hour later and reopened the project, the loading bar for the project got stuck at 21%."
How much FREE space is there on your System drive and other drives?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Sarah Conner
on Jul 27, 2015 at 1:57:21 pm
Last Edited By Sarah Conner on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:18:41 pm

[Graham Bernard] "How much FREE space is there on your System drive and other drives?

Grazie"

Do you mean how much free space my hard drive has? If so, I have about 19 gigabytes free out of 465. Not the best space management... Do you think that's the cause of my problem?

On my second hard drive I have 441 gigabytes free out of 465, but I don't use that one at all yet.

--

UPDATE: I've found a somewhat decent solution, but I still need your help. I went into Options > Preferences > Video and turned "GPU Acceleration of video processing" to Off. Then I closed Vegas and opened my project.

Good news: It worked! The project opened just fine.

Bad news: Will this hinder my editing or anything in any way? It did lower the quality of my preview, so I had to deselect "adjust size and quality for optimal playback" (right-clicking on the preview window and deselecting it), and then change the preview quality from above the preview window... but is this safe?

Keep in mind: This project, while short in duration, has a lot of heavy-on-the-computer effects, transitions, and many pictures flashing quickly, and it always lags while previewing but if I replay and replay it runs smoothly.

EDIT: So I've found a problem. When using the Chroma Keyer on a picture, the picture becomes extremely glitchy when the blur amount is set to anything but 0...

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:56:07 pm

Obviously, turning off GPU support is allowing Vegas to run. This will not affect your editing although it sounds like your CPU is not quite powerful enough for what you are doing. It is this CPU slowness which is causing you to decrease the quality of your preview, and that lower quality is, in turn, causing the glitchy performance of the Chroma Keyer. Assuming you can complete your editing, your render should look fine although it may be a bit slower without GPU support.

Return to posts index

Sarah Conner
on Jul 28, 2015 at 9:54:54 pm

Alright, thank you. My problem seems to be fixed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]