FORUMS: list search recent posts

For John Rofrano about BCC 8 Plugins

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mirza
For John Rofrano about BCC 8 Plugins
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:53:56 pm

Hello,

I recently installed the BCC 8 plugins to Sony Vegas Pro 10 on my computer.
I've been trying to apply the beat reactor incorporated in the BCC "Bulge" filter to a simple picture, so that I can create a nice video with audio-driven visuals.

A couple of issues exist here:

1. After I tick the "enable beat reactor" box, apply the parameters, and play to see if it all works, the preview window of the video keeps freezing, only showing the spectrum graph (and my picture with the bulge) moving to the audio for maybe 2 seconds before it stops. The only way to unfreeze is if I mess with the opacity of the graph, after which it only works for maybe two more seconds before freezing again.

2. I tried rendering the video with the effects applied, regardless of the frozen preview. it always comes out that the rendered video is just a frozen picture as well. The bulge is there, the music is there, but the audio effects that are supposed to be making that bulge move along to the music is not working.

3. These issues exist with other plugins that have the beat reactor feature as well, i.e. the BCC Ripple effect.

I've done some research around this forum for the past few days to see if anybody was experiencing similar problems, but couldn't find anything. I did notice Mr. John Rofrano seems to be an expert at resolving BCC related problems, so I'd like to personally ask with respect for some help.

Best Always,
Faraz

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: For John Rofrano about BCC 8 Plugins
on Jul 25, 2015 at 3:13:46 pm

Hi Faraz,

Vegas Pro 10 was the first version to support OFX plug-ins like BCC. As such, it wasn't as stable as later version of Vegas Pro. All I can say is make sure you are using the latest updates to Vegas Pro 10e Build 738 and BCC 8. To be sure that you're not making any mistakes when applying the Beat Reactor, here are two training videos that I created for Boris TV that show you both basic and advanced features:

If you follow these tutorials and it doesn't work, then I suggest you upgrade to a newer version of Vegas Pro. You'll notice that I'm using Vegas Pro 11.0 with BCC 8 in these videos. Boris FX make use of OpenGL so your graphics card and the stability of your graphics drivers will also play a part in how well this performs. I'm using an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card in these videos which is very stable.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Faraz Mirza
Re: For John Rofrano about BCC 8 Plugins
on Jul 25, 2015 at 7:25:54 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, Mr. Rofrano.
I will try upgrading to Vegas 12 and see if there are any issues thereafter.

Best Always,
Faraz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]