FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to set a certain aspect ratio and keep it

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gil Mancha
How to set a certain aspect ratio and keep it
on Jul 24, 2015 at 9:35:57 pm

I have a video that is 480p and a background image that is 720p.

I place the image first (set the video to the image's resolution) then I place the video, hoping it'll have the video inside the image. However, when I place it the video get's stretched to fullscreen so you can't even see the background image and the video looks awful because it's been stretched.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: How to set a certain aspect ratio and keep it
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:11:46 pm

Probably a couple different ways of doing this.

Assuming that the 1st image is 1280x720, and you are setting your project settings to 720p.

In the Pan crop settings > Source > There are settings for aspect and stretch to fill. Do this setting change on the 480p video pan and crop settings.

I would try this 1st and see if that is what you are asking for.

Return to posts index

Gil Mancha
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:24:52 pm

They both say yes. I change fill to no but I don't see a change.

The preview still says that the video will be 720 when all is said and done.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 25, 2015 at 1:56:07 am

What is the aspect ratio of your 480P video? I presume that it is 4:3 and that your project settings are 1280x720. If you drag the 480P video onto a track that is on top of your image, you should see the sides of the image with the video in the middle. If not, open your pan/crop window and make sure that the preset is set to Default and not something else. It sounds as if it has been set to 16:9.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 25, 2015 at 2:52:19 pm

I suggest that you stop using shorthand. There are several 480 and 720 options in video. They are not all the same. Is it NTSC or PAL? Is it 720 x 480 or 720 x 576? Is it NTSC or NTSC widescreen? No one can really help if you are not specific about the details. Also, what are the pixel dimensions of your image, and what is the image's format? All of that is necessary information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]