FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Audio files in the Timeline (Sony Vegas Pro 13.)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Roberts
Replace Audio files in the Timeline (Sony Vegas Pro 13.)
on Jul 22, 2015 at 9:42:23 pm

Hi guys,

I am having a project audio files (WAV) cleaned up.

1. I have a rough cut of the project in works.
2. Sent over the WAV files to my audio guy for clean up- Recorded via H4N
3. How do I relink the updated WAV files to replace the WAV files? I believe once these are replaced It should automatically update in my timeline...

Thanks,

Thomas

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Replace Audio files in the Timeline (Sony Vegas Pro 13.)
on Jul 23, 2015 at 3:53:14 am

If you just want to replace one WAV file with another, go to the Project Media tab and find the audio file and right-click on it and select Replace... Then navigate to the new file and press OK. This will replace the original media and any events that were using it will now use the new media.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Thomas Roberts
on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:28:29 pm

Hi John,

Big thanks! Is there a way to "Replace All"

Great way to relink audio files when working with an audio mix!!

TR

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:54:10 pm

If all the new wav files have the same names as the originals, You can put the new files in a new folder and copy the original .veg file to that new folder. Then rename the folder with the originals. Then open Vegas with the copied .veg file. It will not be able to find the wav files as it's still looking for the originals in the original folder which now has a new name. There will be options to let Vegas search or you manually search. manually search and select the first new wav file. Vegas will ask if you want to use all the files in the new folder, so click yes. Then save the project in the new folder. You can now rename the old folder back to what it was before. You now can open your project with the new wav files by double clicking the .veg icon in the new folder, or open the project with the original wav files by double clicking the .veg icon in the original folder. Hope this helps. Danny Hays

Return to posts index

Thomas Roberts
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:57:52 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 23, 2015 at 8:08:41 pm

There is an even simpler way if all the names are the same. Simply copy them back to their original location. Vegas will adjust for changes in the files, and you are good to go. If you want to save the original files, copy them to another drive or directory before you overwrite them with the new files. I do this all the time because I use Rx-3 as my sound editor, and it does not run from within Vegas.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 24, 2015 at 1:01:10 pm

[Bob Peterson] "There is an even simpler way if all the names are the same. Simply copy them back to their original location."
Yea, that's what I would have recommended. Just replace all the originals with the new files of the same name.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 24, 2015 at 11:22:08 pm

[Bob Peterson]

I use Rx-3 as my sound editor, and it does not run from within Vegas

Bob, I presume you mean Izotope RX3. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I now use RX4, and before RX3, and could always run it from within Vegas. Just set your Audio Editor Preference to RX3 (I actually go back forth between RX4 and SF 10, as my preferred editor.) Simply enter Ctrl-E to edit the media file for the selected event directly or right-click and select Open Copy in your preferred editor, which simply creates a take for the selected event and opens the take. I use this so often, that it's now a keyboard shortcut of mine.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]