FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cant open up folder in Vegas pro 13 to show files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Preston
Cant open up folder in Vegas pro 13 to show files
on Jul 22, 2015 at 12:09:18 am

Been using sony vegas and one day Vegas pro 13 stopped allowing me to open folders within the explorer tab (within vegas)to show files within it. This means I cannot preview files. The only way is to right click and click on "explore current folder" and then I have to individually select the video files, and then drag them into the project.
Have been using vegas pro for years but never come up with anything like this. Have now removed the program and reinstalled it 4 times now but still no luck.
It does the same with music files, so its nothing to do with I think the type of file. Advice appreciated.
David

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Cant open up folder in Vegas pro 13 to show files
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:01:18 pm

I doubt that this will help, but I use File -> Import -> Media. It works a lot like Windows Explorer. I can navigate to a directory by double clicking on it and it will show thumbnails of all the files. I can select any number of files just as in Windows Explorer, and then simply click the open button. All selected files then show up in Project Media.

Return to posts index

David Preston
on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:11:03 pm

Bob
Maybe I am missing something but vegas still wont let me either open them up by going file-import-media, or I cant even from here drag and drop them into the project. The only way still is to right click and
I could double click on the folder up until a couple of weeks ago and it just stopped working; I dont know what went wrong? By not being able to open the movie file folder in vegas I cant view a preview of the file at all in the preview window which is a bit of a pain.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 23, 2015 at 7:11:31 pm

Ignoring Vegas for the moment, does Windows Explorer behave the same way?

Return to posts index

David Preston
on Jul 27, 2015 at 5:48:31 am

sorry for the late reply. Windows is perfect, and every other program. Its just vegas that I cant open up the videos in the folders.

Return to posts index

David Preston
on Aug 12, 2015 at 12:22:30 am

Just thought I would submit and share the solutions to my thread. I had tried to reload the program but that didnt fix the issues I had.
The solution was to reset the preferences, settings and window placement back to their original state. To do this you have to close the program. Then hold down the Ctrl & Shift keys when you start it again. When the program starts to load, you will see a window that asks: Do you want to reset all preferences to default values? To fully reset all defaults, make sure that 'Delete all cached application data' is checked. Then choose Yes.
To turn on the video preview check the 7th icon in the explorer window, next to the one saying cd info. Its the box with the arrow. Select this and this shows the video

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Aug 12, 2015 at 12:57:48 am

You can also just drag from the desktop or windows explorer right on the timeline in Vegas.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos

Return to posts index

David Preston
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:10:08 am

But I like to view the video files and decide whether I want to delete any before I put them in the timeline. It helps cleaning up all the video files that I dont want.

Return to posts index

Jack Johnson
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:13:14 am

try right clicking on the track and doing open

Return to posts index

Jay Bartol
on Jun 8, 2016 at 12:49:55 am

FABULOUS response ... Google Searched for hours 'till I found your solution to reset Vegas Pro. - Too bad Sony doesn't put this solution into the Information portion of Vegas Pro 13.

Jay Bartol
JBar Video
jbar@comcast.net

JBar Video & Christ Church Video Ministry, Alexandria, VA 22304-1706

Return to posts index

David Preston
on Jun 8, 2016 at 1:05:50 am

I had the same issue just over a year ago and I contacted sony help and this is what they sent me. It resolved my issue
Here is their response. I had no idea at the time of what I did for sony vegas to not show folders, and all I had to do was reset the preferences.

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software. Try resetting the software preferences:

To reset all preferences, settings and window placement back to their original state, close the program. Then hold down the Ctrl & Shift keys when you start it again. When the program starts to load, you will see a window that asks: Do you want to reset all preferences to default values? To fully reset all defaults, make sure that 'Delete all cached application data' is checked. Then choose Yes.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]