FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13: YouTube Issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Holman
Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13: YouTube Issues
on Jul 21, 2015 at 5:51:08 pm

So I've been using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 to make videos for my YouTube channel. The videos look great after rendering, however once they are uploaded to YouTube a 'blurry flicker' appears in the background image layer. It is caused by the motion of the top layer of the video but I do not know how to stop it from happening. The background image is static so the problem really takes away quality from my videos and stops them from looking 'crisp'. It mainly occurs behind the text of the video.

Here's an example of the problem:
(My channel is based around the promotion of Metal/Hardcore bands, so I'd advise turning your sound down...)

(Edit: I just watched the video on the embedded YouTube player in this thread and it seemed fine but then when I went to watch it on YouTube it was still there which is rather strange...)

And here's how I make my videos:

The videos are made up of four different layers plus the audio. One layer for the border, one for the background, one for the album art/logo/text and one for the particle effect. The static images (ie. border and album art layers) are created in a photo editor and exported with transparent backgrounds in .PNG format. I use a composite level to overlay the particle effect onto the background and use the track motion tool to create the motion of the album art layer.

I then render it using the Sony AVC template without changing the settings (I have tinkered with them to try and solve the problem but to no avail).

I've done some tests with different settings but it still occurs each time. I've tried: Increasing the bit-rate, checking 'Reduce Interlace Flicker', checking 'Disable Re-sample', rendering with the Main-Concept AVC template, using different effects to overlay the particles instead of the composite level, changing the de-interlace method, using the pan/crop tool instead of track motion etc. All of which did not work.

I uploaded one of my videos to Facebook and the problem didn't arise, so I'm not really sure what's happening on YouTube.

So if anyone knows how to solve this problem, I'd be very grateful, thanks!

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13: YouTube Issues
on Jul 22, 2015 at 2:03:58 am

[Greg Holman] "So I've been using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 to make videos for my YouTube channel. The videos look great after rendering, however once they are uploaded to YouTube a 'blurry flicker' appears in the background image layer."

Youtube re-encodes everything you upload to their own spec. So if your encode is fine but theirs is not then creating a "better" encode on your end is not going to help Youtube any since their are not preserving your quality. Generally they cannot since their bitrate is quite low.

[Greg Holman] "I then render it using the Sony AVC template without changing the settings (I have tinkered with them to try and solve the problem but to no avail).
"

There are a lot of Sony AVC templates. Which one? Internet 1080? Per chance, did you render to an interlaced format. That might mess with things on the Youtube side of things. They recommend progressive uploads.

Return to posts index

Greg Holman
on Jul 22, 2015 at 10:40:43 am

I render using the 'Internet 1920x1080 - 30p' setting.

After posting in this thread I saw that the embedded video looked OK but when I went to YouTube it was still there. I decided to download a different web browser to check if the problem still occurred and from what I saw it wasn't on any of my videos. Could it be that the browser I was using was affecting the quality (I originally used Chrome but then switched it to Firefox to check)? Does the video look OK on your end or is there a flicker?

Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 23, 2015 at 3:56:51 am

[Greg Holman] "Does the video look OK on your end or is there a flicker? "
It looks fine on Safari on my Mac. No flickering at all even when watched on the YouTube site.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Greg Holman
on Jul 23, 2015 at 2:27:37 pm

OK, thanks. It must be to do with my Chrome browser then as the videos look fine on Firefox. I'll try uninstalling and then reinstalling it.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]