FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird box shows up when using Yellow Cookie Cutter

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
Weird box shows up when using Yellow Cookie Cutter
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:04:13 am

Hi,

I make sports highlight videos and I like to pause the video at times and put a spotshadow on a person. I'm sure there are better methods, but what has been working for me is the following.

I play the clip until the desire spot. Then I cut the clip and save the image. I'll then reinsert the .png image into the video timeline where I had made the cut in the video. Then I paste the same .png on the video track above so that I have two still images on top of each other. On the top layer, I then go to Video FX, Cookie Cutter, and Yellow Glowing Portrait. After I move the cursor over the .png file, I'll move/resize the yellow circle around my subject. Has always worked great every time.

Now I'm seeing something weird. When I move the yellow circle, the image looks fine until I move the yellow circle over the center of the image. There is a rectangular section that appears OVER the circle when I pass through it. When I close out of Video FX, the circle (if it was over this new rectangle) still appears behind it.

I've never seen this before. I don't think I changed any settings, but it's weird. What am I doing wrong?

And is there a better way for me to have a nice visible spotshadow rather than the method I described above?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Lee
Re: Weird box shows up when using Yellow Cookie Cutter
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:46:38 am

Sorry, I meant Yellow Glowing Portrait on Cookie Cutter.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:55:35 am

I'm having to guess at your settings, but still not seeing a problem.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:51:17 am

I duplicated what you described in SVP 12. I did not see the phenomenon that you describe. Do you have a transparent area in the png? I'm wondering if something like that could cause what you are seeing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]