FORUMS: list search recent posts

External Drive Dock for Media?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas Smith
External Drive Dock for Media?
on Jul 20, 2015 at 10:13:34 pm

I've run into an issue and was wondering if any fellow Vegas users have some solution(s). Recently had Seagate Drive issues, long-story short: wound up having to reinstall Win7Pro (and everything else -- UGH!). Replaced Boot drive with a SanDisk 240GB fast! :) Reloaded SVP10, :)

But.... my EZ Dock eSata/USB setup is giving me fits. I've been retreiving archived raw-footage to rebuild the lost Vegas edits, etc. I copy from the EZ-Dock files onto another (New) Seagate HD on the PC for editing. Seems like during the process, the EZ-Dock HDs (I've tried different HDs mind you) seem to go along ok and then...HANG UP! :( I've enabled all drives to cache. Keep things clean but dang if I know why this is happening. The eSata connection is good, all drives are connected good. Running 24GB Ram on ASUS X-58 Sabertooth Mobo, Intel 7 / 2.8ghz CPU... so no bottlenecks there.

Got a tech-email out to Kingwin makers of the EZ-Dock. Searched forums real luck so far. Can't imagine all these Seagate SATA3 HD's are messing up all at once. Any ideas anyone?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: External Drive Dock for Media?
on Jul 20, 2015 at 11:18:13 pm

It could be that the EZ-Dock itself is going bad. Try copying smaller batches of files. eSATA should be very reliable so maybe try a new cable or buy a new dock? I use a NewerTech Voyager and it works really well. I've used it in both eSATA and USB 3.0 mode and waven't had any problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved