FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD creation & menu

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Hughes
DVD creation & menu
on Jul 19, 2015 at 7:23:49 pm

I have been having great help in a separate thread on a 35mm slide to DVD project.
Raising this as separate question as related to the DVD burn.

After rendering I will end up with several .mpg files (or m2V files for Blu-ray discs) each in the area of in region of 10mins long (typical box of slides)
2 things here

It would be nice to have a menu front end so you can choose the slide set (which may be a holiday or family event) … but also would like an autoplay feature, so if put into a DVD player – if menu options not chosen it will autoplay through all in sequence.
I will be using MSP 12 and DVD Architect Studio 5

Welcome any advice over neatest way to do this ……….. only ever created single file DVD, not used menus before.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: DVD creation & menu
on Jul 19, 2015 at 10:47:38 pm

DVD Architect Studio 5 will allow you to author a DVD with menus just like you want. Just start a new project, select a theme, and drop your footage onto the menu. The only thing you might not be able to do is have it auto-play if no one presses a menu selection. That feature might only be in DVD Architect Pro via DVD Scripting. Other than that, you should be fine with the Studio version.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 20, 2015 at 5:09:57 am

I use ConcertXtoDVD more often, Has all the bells and whistles included,
easy to use, powerful and never produces a bad disc.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:25:47 am

In DVD Architect, you can set the End Action for the menu to Auto-play on the right side by choosing End Action> Command> Activate Button then change Timeout to the however long you want the menu to show before the Auto-play starts. You can change which button will activate as well. Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved