FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freezing suddenly occurs while rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Hawklsey
Freezing suddenly occurs while rendering
on Jul 19, 2015 at 1:36:39 pm

So, for months, my computer has been fine rendering main concept .MP4 videos. But in the past couple of days, Vegas has been freezing at random times during renders with the following report:

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 13.0 (Build 428) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc000001d)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\system32\frapsv64.dll
Fault Address: 0x000007FEE73B3D56
Fault Offset: 0x0000000000003D56

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13\vegas130.exe
Process Version: Version 13.0 (Build 428) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2014-11-25 (Tue Nov 25) 20:33:08

My guess is that the issue is linked to Fraps, but why start now? Everything has worked perfectly for a while, and I haven't changed anything at all to cause this.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Freezing suddenly occurs while rendering
on Jul 19, 2015 at 7:12:07 pm

Deep in there is the reference to FRAPS as being the fault module. Do some research around this.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 20, 2015 at 12:54:17 am

Well, that's FRAPS for you!
That's how it behaves. A non-friendly editing and unstable format.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 20, 2015 at 2:04:11 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Jul 20, 2015 at 2:10:21 am

I've used Fraps in the past without any problem, including fairly recently capturing some Google Earth footage. First, make sure that you have the latest version of their 64bit codec installed. If that's not the problem, you could always transcode Fraps into a lossless codec that is Vegas friendly such as Lagarith, Magic YUV or UT Video. You can use the freeware Virtualdub to easily do this. Alternatively, you could try a different capture package such as Mirilli's Action (I believe they have a 30 day trial period). I found that with my system, at least, there were fewer dropped frames with Action as opposed to Fraps and a lot more options for Desktop capture. Or lastly, you could try different editing software. Lots of options.

wwaag

Just a thought. Have you rendered other projects involving different source material? If not, you might give that a try. Although Fraps seems to be the likely culprit, it may be that the problem has nothing to do with Fraps at all. Worth a shot to try using same render settings but with different source material to see if you still have the problem or it disappears.

Return to posts index

Jack Hawksley
on Aug 4, 2015 at 8:55:37 pm

My apologies for taking so long to answer.

Shortly after I posted my problem here it seemed to resolve itself. I will make sure my codec is up to date though, to avoid any future crashes. Thank you for your help! I will post back here if the issue returns and I'm still not able to resolve it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]