FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas render crashing issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Rathbone
Sony Vegas render crashing issue
on Jul 17, 2015 at 12:35:34 pm

So I have tried troubleshooting this issue myself, thought I found a solution, but have run into the problem again. I am using Sony Vegas pro 13. I am using an AMD fx-8350, 8gm of ram and an Asus Strix gtx 970. I have plenty of room on my main HDD.

The first time I encountered this problem was when I tried to render out my first video. It was approximately 7 minutes long with no effects other than cuts and adjustments to the volume. I used a slightly tweaked version of the MainConcept AVC/AAC outputs, where I really only changed the frame rate (29.970 NTSC to 59.940000). Basically, when I started the render, it ran fine until around 50%. Once it got to that point, my entire computer would lock up and I would have to restart via power button. This happened about 3 or 4 times until I was able to find a random forum post that mentioned deleting the .sfk and .bak temp files before rendering. When I tried that, it rendered perfectly fine. However, last night I ran into the problem again. I tried deleting the .sfk and .bak files (in my videos and a custom sub folder in my videos), but the problem has started again.

I can already confirm that this is not a heating or physical memory issue.

I am at a loss here. I really like how vegas pro works so far but I run a youtube channel and absolutely need this program to work. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Sony Vegas render crashing issue
on Jul 17, 2015 at 3:15:57 pm

One thing to try with these things is to disable GPU support in preferences and see if that helps when rendering.

Return to posts index

Luke Rathbone
on Jul 17, 2015 at 3:26:11 pm

Already did that

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 17, 2015 at 6:19:31 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jul 17, 2015 at 6:21:39 pm

You say you checked for heat during render, and you ran Memtest through a complete cycle? 70C or below on CPU, GPU, and chipsets.

Are you overclocking memory or your system in anyway?

Does the Window application or system log show any errors?

Does WinSAT complete ok?

Will Luxmark v2 or 3 complete a render with CPU+GPU?

Are you using only Sony Effect plugins?

There are GPU settings under preferences and render as codec template, are both disabled?

Have you tried Sony AVC to .mp4 and does it do the same thing?

Does the system hang rendering to a default template in Sony AVC or MC MP4?

Have you tried rendering out to XDCAM-EX or HDCAM-SR-LITE and seeing if it stops at the same point? You can upload XDCAM directly to YouTube.

Have you tried rendering your time in sections around the area it stops? Maybe there is media corruption

In all the years of editing with Vegas, I have not had to delete the files you refer to complete a render.

Return to posts index

Luke Rathbone
on Jul 17, 2015 at 9:52:46 pm

Each time my screen froze, my temps never went above 50 for either the gpu or cpu. I am quite new to sony vegas so I am pretty unfamiliar with pretty much everything you said, but I will try to research the terms you used. I am trying the sony AVC to MP4 right now to see if the freeze happens again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]