FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep image / text inline with video using keyframes?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Young
Keep image / text inline with video using keyframes?
on Jul 17, 2015 at 12:06:06 pm

Hi guys,
I'm trying to add dimension lines to a video product whilst zooming out of the shot. When adding a dimension line, I am trying to keep it inline as the picture zooms out; however, I am having trouble keeping it in line and the result is very "bouncy" line. I will add a video to show you what i mean (take a look at the horizontal line - notice how it seems to jump between keyframes?)

I am wondering if there is anyway to prevent this from happening. Adding one keyframe at the beginning of the shot and one at the end does not work as the line falls away from the desired location between keyframes.

Any ideas?
Thanks guys,
Dave

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Keep image / text inline with video using keyframes?
on Jul 17, 2015 at 3:05:17 pm

If it was me, I'd use/take a still shot of the keyboard and add my lines in Photoshop or other paint program.
The other issue is that those lines are very fine and this adds to the jumpiness. Make them a bit thicker and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 17, 2015 at 4:41:35 pm

One way to fix it is to add more key frames. Obviously, one at the beginning and one at the end are not enough. It is hard to say how many are needed. You must simply keep adding more until you are satisfied that the line is staying reasonably close to where you want it to be with respect to the changing size and position of the keyboard in the video. After Effects, when trying to lock one object to another will create a very large number of key frames. Sometimes that is what it takes.

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Jul 21, 2015 at 1:03:49 am

I usually start with keyframes at the beginning and end, then add keyframes at points that are staying where they need to be, then spot add keyframes to make minor changes as needed. The idea is to use as few keyframes as possible while still getting the results you need. It looks like you are very close on this. It looks good. A few added points might get you where you need to be. Very nice work on this!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]