FORUMS: list search recent posts

progressive speed increase? and progressing numbers counting up?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Coolidge
progressive speed increase? and progressing numbers counting up?
on Jul 16, 2015 at 12:03:40 pm

I am trying to make a video where one rides a bird and has to dodge objects in the air but the speed gets faster and faster the longer they can go without crashing into an object. I need the speed to get faster as the video progresses. I used Toon Boom Studio and created a moving clouds effect but that program can only do a fixed speed. how would I go about making Sony Vegas make the video get increasingly faster as it progresses? if they crash, they lose a life and it starts slow again

my second help is, How would I include a score in this that goes up in sync with the speed of the flight, I would need some kind of way that the numbers display and go up like in:

I am trying to parody this game but two players, one being a dragon, scores are separate but are added together in the middle, the bird goes through Ice hearts and the dragon goes through crystal hearts. for the rider on the bird and the dragon are in love.

how would I accomplish these two things

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: progressive speed increase? and progressing numbers counting up?
on Jul 16, 2015 at 4:47:58 pm
Last Edited By Danny Hays on Jul 16, 2015 at 4:50:10 pm

Use a Velocity envelope. Right click on the video event and choose insert velocity envelope. By default, there is a keyframe at the start. Double click the green line (Envelope) at the end of the event. Then raise the end keyframe up and the start one down. See pic.

Here's a link to a numerical clock counting on YouTube. You can download it by opening a new tab, go to "Keep Vid", Google it, and copy the URL of the YouTube video and paste it in Keepvid where it says to. Click download. It may tell you it needs Java if your computer doesn't already have it. Select the highest resolution available and it will download. Put this video on a new video track above the speeding up one. Then add a velocity envelope to it and match it to the other video that you put one in, then add a Chromakey effect to it. select black as the color to key out, then use event pan and crop to select only the clock in the video, then use track motion to size and place it where you want.

Hope this helps, Danny

Return to posts index

Justin Coolidge
on Jul 16, 2015 at 9:01:08 pm

I need a score, not a clock! and how am I supposed to give points for destroying objects like in the example video???

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jul 16, 2015 at 10:02:13 pm

No need to be upset if I don't give you the right answer dude. We try and help people on this forum. Good luck trying to get an answer here now. Have a nice day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]