FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Film Effect (jitter) creates unwanted borders. ie moves whole screen.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mo Zowayed
Sony Film Effect (jitter) creates unwanted borders. ie moves whole screen.
on Jul 14, 2015 at 9:09:12 pm

Hey guys, I'm using "Sony Film Effects" on text that is going over a video (overlay). The text is on a separate track (above the video).

I'm using the Jitter effect specifically to create shaky text, and I'm very happy with the result, except that as the text jitters up and down, black borders appear and disappear on the top and bottom of the video. It seems to be moving the whole shot in a way.

The video underneath the text is NOT in fact moving with the text.

Choosing another Compositing Mode helped but it doesn't preserve the text outline.

The tracks/events are not grouped. Muting the text track eliminates the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Film Effect (jitter) creates unwanted borders. ie moves whole screen.
on Jul 15, 2015 at 4:44:10 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jul 15, 2015 at 7:29:13 am

[Mo Zowayed] " It seems to be moving the whole shot in a way."
Yes, it is moving the TEXT Event up and down, not solely the TEXT and that is what you are seeing and as the Jitter FX has an effect on the TEXT. I can't see that there would be a solution to that, a solution to just how SONY has the FX operating.

[Mo Zowayed] " . . . except that as the text jitters up and down, black borders appear and disappear on the top and bottom of the video."
Well, accepting that this is how SONY has the FX working, your Render might be inside your SAFE areas so no Border to be seen.

However . . . . and if you have VP12 or VP13

Try this: Apply a MASK to the TEXT Event and move the SONY FILM Fx before the PAN/Crop:

Here's the result:

Jitter No Borders

PreRender the result and see what you think. If you need more ATTACK on the Jitter Apply twice?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]