FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match cuts with another audio file?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Andersson
Match cuts with another audio file?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:57:46 pm

Hello. I have been working on quite a big project, which features one video file, with two separate audio files, one for each of the people in the scene. I edited the whole thing together, but somewhere along the line, I lost one of the sound files. It's not gone from my computer, but it's gone from my timeline. I have saved the project quite a few times since I lost the file in the timeline, so there's no undoing anything, and I don't want to use a restored version, because then I will lose several hours of work that have gone into it since then.

However. Both of the audio files where captured at the same time with the same machine, which means that the time code for every cut is the same in the lost file as it is in the existing file. That makes me wonder if there is a way to duplicate the track with the existing file and replace the file on that track with the other one that's on my computer. I know I can replace the file in Project Media, but that will change both instances of the file, while I only want to change one of them. I'm guessing there must be a way to do this, so does anyone here know?

I guess I could render just the audio from that part, add that into the project, and then replace the original with the other file, but I'm wondering if there is a way to do this that will keep all the cuts that I've made.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Match cuts with another audio file?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:23:17 pm

Try the following:
1. Open another Vegas instance with your project (Vegas instance #2)
2. Replace audio file #1 in Project Media with audio file #2
3. Select all audio events and copy them to the clipboard
4. Create new audio track in the original project (Vegas instance #1) and paste your events from the clipboard

Vegasaur.com

Return to posts index

Simon Andersson
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:19:45 pm

Wow! I didn't think that that would work. But it did! Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 14, 2015 at 4:36:27 pm

For future reference, all you had to do was replace the audio file in Project Media. That would also have replaced all uses of the file on the time line with the new file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]