FORUMS: list search recent posts

can the quality in trimmer window be changed?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Castrop
can the quality in trimmer window be changed?
on Jul 12, 2015 at 6:58:54 am

can the video quality in trimmer window be changed? (like in preview window with the qualitysettings).If I want to use the trimmer window it would be nice to be able to adjust the video quality to for instance Preview>Half. This is neccescary for smooth playback in trimmer window for for instance 3point editing. editing is not possible without smooth playback. proxies don't work in trimmer window. So, is this possible?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: can the quality in trimmer window be changed?
on Jul 12, 2015 at 8:51:56 am

[Hans Castrop] "This is neccescary for smooth playback in trimmer window for for instance 3point editing."
3Point Editing in Trimmer. You got me?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Jul 12, 2015 at 1:19:55 pm
Last Edited By Hans Castrop on Jul 12, 2015 at 9:48:06 pm

Hi
I mean trimmer window in combination with editing window. (see http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegas_pro_trimmer_window "....You've just made an edit using very traditional source/results three-point editing methods.") But even besides 3point.....do you have an answer to the question?
thanks very much

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 13, 2015 at 4:54:46 pm

The answer is no. Vegas supports traditional methods in the trimmer window, but it not geared to traditional methods of editing by cutting and splicing. That is part of what an NLE is. It does not depend on linear operations. I find it far simpler to simply edit on the time line. If I want to remove a section from a video clip, I simply split the clip in the middle of the unwanted section, drag the edge of the left half back to remove the unwanted material, drag the edge of the right half forward as necessary, and drag the remaining portion of the clip back so that the two halves connect. It sounds harder than it is to do. The advantage is that I can always readjust the "split position" forward or backward as necessary because nothing was ever deleted from the clip.

Retaining the "cut" material does not cost anything because Vegas never permanently alters to source material anyway.

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Jul 13, 2015 at 7:10:49 pm

Thanks Bob.

Return to posts index

William Ray Walters
on Mar 10, 2016 at 6:05:21 am

Sorry about responding to an 8 month old post, but how would I work slow motion/altering the velocity of a clip when timeline editing? This is what I mostly use the trimmer for and why I am also looking for a way to adjust the trimmer quality. It's just easier to find the in and out spots and create a subclip in the trimmer and then adjust the velocity envelope in the timeline. Otherwise I run into issues with the out changing.

It really doesn't make much sense that vegas would have a trimmer but not an ability to adjust the quality to favor playback performance for those who need it.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 10, 2016 at 7:02:43 am

[William Ray Walters] "This is what I mostly use the trimmer for and why I am also looking for a way to adjust the trimmer quality. It's just easier to find the in and out spots and create a subclip in the trimmer and then adjust the velocity envelope in the timeline. Otherwise I run into issues with the out changing"
Please explain another way. I do not understand, and I would be guessing as to what you are trying to achieve.

I use Trimmer all the time and find it the very reason why Vegas exists for me!

So, Ray, please re-read what you wrote and try to make simple steps as to what it is you wanting to achieve.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on Mar 10, 2016 at 11:25:02 am

I'm with Grazie on this as I use the Trimmer most of the time (for selecting sections and transferring to where I want them on the Timeline) rather than editing everything only on the Timeline ---it's especially useful if you've taken several shots of the same scene, perhaps from different angles or with different lighting or at different times. It is only when the event has been transferred to the Timeline that I do my adjustments (FX, Pan and Crop, velocity etc: if you do anything inside the Trimmer it will be lost as I believe this can only show what's on the original shot which is the Project Media).

Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]