FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 Cores + 8GB Ram + GTX 750 = Almost 1 hour render for 13 minute video(1080p/60)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karol Kowalski
4 Cores + 8GB Ram + GTX 750 = Almost 1 hour render for 13 minute video(1080p/60)
on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:02:46 pm

Hello

I was searching for a solution on your forums about my render times, which are really annoying.
Just like in the title it takes hell of a time to render a short movie in 1080p/60fps, of course I was not expecting 1:1 render time but something arount 1:1,5 or 1:2. But this take almost an hour for a video and it´s using my CPU on 100%. To compare I downloaded the Adobe Premiere and it takes between 35 to 40 minutes.

Yes I already tried the fix on CUDA and it didn't work, same as the Dynamic RAM Setting, no matter what I do it takes around an hour, or even more(did my renders on Sony AVC)

PC Configuration(it's a kind u can buy in a shop, I'm not a PC Geek, making my own one would end up on a money waste xD)

CPU: AMD A10-7800 Accelerated Quad Core Processor (CORES UNPARKER)(honestly this one is an APU with a GPU on it an R7 2xx I'm not sure)
Processor - Frequency: 3.5 GHz
Processor - Frequency with Turbo: 3.9 GHz

RAM - Type: DDR3
RAM - Size: 8 GB
RAM - Frequency: 1600MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
GPU RAM: 1GB
GPU RAM - Type: GDDR5

HDD - SATA 3Gbps 7200rpm
HDD Cache - 64 MB

Windows 8.1

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: 4 Cores + 8GB Ram + GTX 750 = Almost 1 hour render for 13 minute video(1080p/60)
on Jul 9, 2015 at 11:03:53 am

[Karol Kowalski] "To compare I downloaded the Adobe Premiere and it takes between 35 to 40 minutes."
That's probably because Premiere Pro is taking advantage of your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 for rendering and Vegas Pro is not. I haven't had any luck getting Sony AVC to really take advantage of GPU processing. I'm sure the Adobe Mercury Engine is much better at this which is why it is 1.5x - 2x faster.

If you want to improve your render times get an Intel Core i7 computer. AMD CPU's are not the best for video work.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: 4 Cores + 8GB Ram + GTX 750 = Almost 1 hour render for 13 minute video(1080p/60)
on Jul 9, 2015 at 12:13:09 pm

The Adobe Mercury engine is probably making better use of your GPU
Graphics Card.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 10, 2015 at 7:44:48 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jul 10, 2015 at 7:52:18 pm

I know you are not that technical, but here is the basic numbers.

Check out this comparison.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7764/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-and-gtx-75...

Back with Vegas 11 or so, when GPU timeline acceleration introduced, Vegas recommended the HD5770 for recommended configuration. As you can see by the Vegas Compute ranking the very olf 5770 out performs the GTX 750.

The onboard R7 GPU associated with the A10-7900 CPU only has about half the compute units that the Vegas recommended GPU has. The GTX 750 in terms of compute specification is almost identical to the R7 GPu in the A10-7800. Nvidia has the issues of not supporting the OpenCL standard well, that Vegas uses for timeline and rendering.

You might try and uninstall the Nividia drivers, and the CPU, and run off the A10-7800 GPU and see if you there is much Vegas difference. Make sure to adjust the GPU settings under preferences, and in the rendering template.

Not exactly sure how the A10 GPU appears to Windows with the NVidia installed, you may be able to just select the ADM GPU under Vegas preferences with out uninstalling the NVidia GPU. This would make Vagas use the AMD GPU for timeline compute, and the Nvidia for display. This may be something to test out for zero cost.

Next I would source one of the following for improved timeline and rendering in vegas: AMD hd 7970 (ebay), R9 270x (new), R9 290X (new). The 7970 has 6x the compute units of the A10 GPU, and more than the new r9 270x.

Looking into a Dell XPS with a 4th Gen i7-4790, 16GB ram, plus a one of the cards above would be your best bet for a performing Vegas configuration.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jul 10, 2015 at 9:08:23 pm

While the Sony AVC encoder can use GPU it does not use GPU for much. Only for motion estimation it seems, so it only gets a small speed boost.

Mainconcept AVC does implement fully GPU based encoders but it does not support modern GPU architectures. Only Fermi on Nvidia. It has not been updated in years.

The Vegas video engine should always use your GPU well enough. It is used during playback and file encoding (render as).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]