FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two Ways to record Date and Time using Canon Vixia HFG 30

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Peterson
Two Ways to record Date and Time using Canon Vixia HFG 30
on Jul 5, 2015 at 5:49:12 pm

Response to an earlier post by Don Smith.

OK Don! I have found a way to play back the video with the time and date. Although I set user bit codes for my test, I don't think they are needed. The solution is really quite simple. If you connect the camera, via an HDMI connection to either a TV or to a computer, the camera will play back the recorded video and send the audio and video out through the HDMI cable. When it does so, the time and date are superimposed on the video image.

So, the video can be played back and displayed on a TV for any legal proceeding. All you need is the card on which the video was recorded, and the camera.

For a computer, I will be very surprised if there is no software that can capture the video and audio coming in on an HDMI port. If that is not the case, there is a second option for capturing the clip. I have a small adapter box, available on Amazon, which converts the audio and video coming from an HDMI cable into a standard component TV output. The kind of TV signal that uses a yellow RCA connector for video plus two other cables with RCA connectors (red and white) for stereo audio. There are several devices that can convert a component connection into a digital signal which can be captured on the computer. So, capture of the original video and audio is completely doable.

I hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]