FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to get rid of annoying beep?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitaker
Any way to get rid of annoying beep?
on Jul 4, 2015 at 4:43:39 pm

Here's another issue I'm having:

I just set up a keyboard shortcut to create subclip within the Trimmer window. I set it as Alt+S.

Now, when I make a selection, then press Alt+S, the subclip window appears, but it beeps at the same time. Is there a way to get rid of that beep?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Any way to get rid of annoying beep?
on Jul 4, 2015 at 10:26:10 pm

I have a simple way to get rid of annoying audio. There are two ways that I can do it. My keyboard is a Microsoft Sidewinder, and it has both audio and video control keys. If I wish to mute the system's audio, I press the mute key on the keyboard. The same key turns it back on when I want to hear the sound. The other way is via headphones. Lots of times when I want to hear the sound, I use headphones which are plugged into the headphone jack of the computer. On my system, plugging in the headphones causes the speakers to be muted while the headphones are still live. This lets me hear the audio while my family is sleeping, and, if I don't want to hear it, I do not use the headphones. Either way is simple, and works every time. ;-)

Return to posts index

Ron Whitaker
on Jul 5, 2015 at 2:02:23 pm

Unfortunately, I need to keep the audio on while scrubbing through the Trimmer window.

It's strange. If I make a selection within the Trimmer window, then click on the Subclip button at the bottom, the Subclip window appears with no sound.

But, after creating the keyboard shortcut for Subclip, and when I make a selection, then enter my keyboard shortcut, the subclip window appears, but then there's the annoying beep.

Any ideas why that would be happening?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 6, 2015 at 9:12:27 am

I think you can turn off your keyboard sounds in your Sound settings
in Control Panel.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]