FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Disk filling up quick while editing (playing preview)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brayn Da Silva Lobo
Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Disk filling up quick while editing (playing preview)
on Jul 3, 2015 at 10:28:17 am

I've had this problem for some time now, but never knew what the problem is. Apparently my Disk just fills up whenever I start playing the preview while editing a video. This happens with any type of file.

How did I find out? If I start Task Manager and play the preview the Disk section will just fill up to 100% in a few seconds and the program will freeze. After some time it will go back down again, what I do now is have Task Manager open and whenever it hits 80% I hit pause and see it go down and then start playing the preview again. This isn't very effective while editing at all..

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 13 - Disk filling up quick while editing (playing preview)
on Jul 3, 2015 at 3:32:03 pm

You will need to give us more information about your computer. What processor and its speed, how much ram, how much hard drive space, how many drives, which version of Windows, etc. It sounds like your computer is very underpowered.

Return to posts index

Brayn Da Silva Lobo
on Jul 3, 2015 at 4:40:36 pm

CPU: AMD FX-8350 (4.0-4.3 Ghz)
Videocard: MSI GTX 960 GAMING 2G
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0
RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600
HDD: Toshiba SATA3 1TB

That's my computer

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 3, 2015 at 10:43:05 pm

The processor looks good to me, but the memory is a bit small and one hard drive is very problematic. I'm guessing this is win 64 of some variety? Most recommendations that I have seen suggest a minimum of 16GB of memory. Also, at a minimum, I think Windows and your programs should be on one drive, and data like video should be on a second drive. That cuts disk contention (or thrashing) a lot. Personally, I prefer at least three drives with Windows on a SSD, and most of the programs on a separate hard drive with a third drive for data like video and audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]