Codec Q
on Jun 30, 2015 at 8:59:11 pm

I have MSP ver 12

I create a reasonable number of short HD (1920x1080)videos for on-line

Vimeo states that the preferred video settings should be
H.264 High Profile
and AAA-LC audio

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

What template in 'Render As' will provide me with H.264 High Profile ?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Codec Q
on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:37:45 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:45:36 pm

Both Sony AVC and the MC .mp4 have High Profile settings. You select the Profile level in the template settings. AVCHD is high profile MP4, with respects to what you are looking for. XAVC is yet again another higher level to MP4.

Under your render as settings, select SONY AVC > choose one of the Internet profiles, and change to match your project size, frame rate and interlace. You can also adjust the bit rate setting for the max 20,000,000. According to Vimeo this is max bit rate you can upload to them. Bit rate is variable, and so talking heads will not use the full 20mbs, but fast action gaming might. Save your profile as a new template for future uploads.

Audio tab set the audio to 320,000.

Return to posts index

Rick Hughes
on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:12:03 pm
Last Edited By Rick Hughes on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:18:31 pm

So this would be better match than the MainConcept .mp4 templates I had been using.

I don’t get the ‘enable progressive download option’
Also don’t get the ‘Number of slices ‘ and the slider

this is my view:

Couple of Q’s ….
When would you ever use the option ‘allow source to adjust frame size’ ?

Why have the audio at 320kb …….. when I rip CD’s 192kb is superb quality ? or does AAA-LC require more bps than an mp3

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 1, 2015 at 1:55:19 am

Use progressive if you are uploading to Youtube or serving from a web server. Basically the difference is the file data is segmented vs one long data stream. This allows the browser video player to start playing before the file is fully downloaded. Otherwise you would need to wait until the file is downloaded from the server before you can start watching. YouTube seems to care about this setting, even though they re-encode your file completely.

Slices is an advanced user setting, if you know why to use it, you know when to use it. My understanding is that some hardware codecs require slices of specific sizes.

You can use up to 320K or anything below. Vimeo just limits what you can upload, so people are not uploading huge files for system crunch time, and user experience reasons.

Return to posts index

Rick Hughes
on Jul 1, 2015 at 9:45:32 am

Maybe I was unclear ... in your screen grab you have at bottom left of video tab the "enable progressive download" :-

I don't get that option ........... is there a way to get later/upgrades to the Sony AVC codec ?

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Jul 1, 2015 at 4:34:53 pm

That may be a limitation of Vegas Movie Studio, which I think you said you were using. I don't know because I only use Vegas Pro.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 1, 2015 at 8:03:00 pm

Could be what Steve says. Make sure you are choosing an "Internet" preset vs. a Blueray or AVCHD, that might make a difference. Not really sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]